USC a seven point favorite over OSU?

Sports Guy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seven points sounds about right. Remember, Ohio St needed a last minute return of a 2-point attempt to put away Navy at home. That said, I have hunch a lot of money will come in on Ohio St at +7 and the spread will narrow a bit as the week goes on. But freshman QB or no, I think USC wins by a touchdown or more.

I am surprised by that...I look forward to this game...USC is very talented but its going to be tough for a freshman QB to go into that environment at night.

Of course, USC has stomped the Big Ten over the last several years because their speed is just too much for them.

I would have been surprised if OSU didn't look so pedestrian at home against Navy.

You mean the second most overrated school in college football' date=' don't you? has there ever been a more overrated team in any sport than the Notre Dame football team?[/quote']

The Big Ten is the most overrated conference. They always get killed when they play anyone worth anything. But Notre Dame being 10 game winners every preseason is a joke.

Ohio St. is perennially the most overrated school in college football. I'd take the points.

OhowIhateohio State is the most overrated only when ND has been terrible. Football royalty get extra points for being royalty, and ND is the bluest of blue bloods. What other school had it's very own broadcast-network TV contract?

I'd think that the score will likely be more USC-heavy than that. I think the 7 points is more about predicting bettor behavior than it is about predicting the final score.

Well, Southern Cal's O-line finally showed up...

Well, their kid-QB seems to think God did it. He must've said "Praise God" 6 times in a 1-minute interview.

When asked about what changed to permit the last-minute drive, he said the guys on the team were talking about God.

On the one hand, the kid was there, so I guess he knows what they were talking about. On the other hand, I still think the O-line had a whole lot to do with it...

What a great drive to win the game for USC. Color me impressed.

Yep!

However, I'm not willing to salivate over the freshman like Musberger is. He made one good throw that drive(the one to the TE), the rest of that was basically the Joe McKnight show along with a couple QB sneaks and handoffs to Johnson. The way Brent is talking about him, you'd think this was Elway leading the Broncos for the winning TD against the Browns back in '86 or whenever it was.

Archived