9/16 Rays @ O's

24HOR

Someone remind me how you can turn any pitcher into a closer. Gotta think Flat Breezy finishes out that game. Now, I'm not saying he shouldn't have been traded - he should've and it was a good trade. But, this idea that any random pitcher can handle closing out games just doesn't ring true. JJ had great stuff as a setup guy, but he has not been anywhere near as good when called on to get 3 stinkin' outs in the the 9th.

Nice rant. Who had a better Aug-and-Sept: JJ this year or Flat Breezy last year?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice rant. Who had a better Aug-and-Sept: JJ this year or Flat Breezy last year?

Doesn't change the fact that JJ has not been nearly as effective since he moved to closer or that Breezy has been darn near unhittable since he went to the Dodgers. I don't mean this to be anti-JJ. It's more about the thought or idea that just any ole pitcher will do, either as a reliever in general, or especially as a closer.

That Weiters home run and watching Pie jump around and the great team celebration...

That was my favorite moment of the season!

Pie has that smile in walk off wins, even when he wasn't playing. You have to love him for that alone. Hope the O's work out his visa issues early, so he comes to ST on time next year.

Archived