CNN/SI: Gibbons received shipments of steriods

The Azman

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happened before stuff was banned, who cares. If something has happened since they were banned, get him out of here. If you're stupid enough to use it knowing the ramifications, I have no sympathy, especially when the guy has done nothing to help the organization recently. I highly doubt he is the last Oriole to face this situation.

But the federal prosecutor also said that newspaper report contained "significant inaccuracies", including the five names mentioned.

I think its best to think innocent until proven guilty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2610878

Yes, they said that the Grimsley affidavit was inaccurate, but this is the Signature Pharmacy scandal. WWE has suspended/fired wrestlers and the NFL has suspended at least 2 players to my knowledge. This was a federal investigation at SI has been right on top of it.

But the federal prosecutor also said that newspaper report contained "significant inaccuracies", including the five names mentioned.

I think its best to think innocent until proven guilty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2610878

Well my guess at this point would be that Gibbons' inclusion in the list was probably not one of the significant inaccuracies. With regard to the other four players, it could be that one or more of them were not in the report at all, or that Roberts/Tejada were discussed but in relation to the conversation Grimsley reported having with teammates about amphetamines rather than in reference to "anabolic steroids."

Yes, they said that the Grimsley affidavit was inaccurate, but this is the Signature Pharmacy scandal. WWE has suspended/fired wrestlers and the NFL has suspended at least 2 players to my knowledge. This was a federal investigation at SI has been right on top of it.

Right, but the poster above me mentioned the Grimsley report and the supposed other guilty parties. I just wanted to counter the argument.

As for this, I'm sure at some point the list will come to light. Who knows how long it may take (years), but it'll happen. In fact, with the release of Glaus and Ankiel's names, I wouldn't be surprised if the names keep coming now.

Archived