Adam Jones wins Gold Glove

jerios55

So I was on myspace and this was on my front page.

"is happy 4 my lil bro Adam Jones; He just found out he won the Golden Glove 4 his Baseball Team, the Baltimore Orioles"

http://www.myspace.com/picolemon

Anyone else see anything about it? Sweet news if true.

EDIT... Jones wins the Gold Glove! Thanks to '24HOR' for the link in post #187... http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091110&content_id=7645222&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that would be totally undeserving. He was very good in 2008, but he was very bad in 2009.

I think he bounces back and maybe wins one in the future, but there is no way anybody can say he deserved one for this season.

Haha, I believe that is how it works. Remember when Palmeiro won it despite playing something like 30 games in the field.

What the hell is wrong with you people?:confused: If this is true and an Oriole finally won a GG of course the voters got it right. For cripes sake, the dumb voter whine is only good when an Oriole is bypassed!!!:laughlol:

Honestly, I think the majority of us underrate his glove...think of how many times he robbed home runs/made diving grabs this year...he really has the ability to make some great plays in the field that most others couldn't...all while blowing a bubble...
Its obvious from both visual scouting (i.e. watching the games) and all statistical defensive measurements that he was well below average defensively in CF this year. He was well above in 2008. He just had a bad year, but there is no way he deserves the gold glove.

Wow, that would be totally undeserving. He was very good in 2008, but he was very bad in 2009.

I think he bounces back and maybe wins one in the future, but there is no way anybody can say he deserved one for this season.

If he actually got one, I sure say it! Some of you people just slay me!:cussing: If he got it just be estatic an Oriole finally won one for a change!!!!!:clap3:

Archived