Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

Maybe...But the guy seems to be limited to just AL teams and if the Rockies are trying to win now, which maybe they are, this makes sense.

If you were a Rox fan, would you like Shealy for JLopez/Hawkins?

My guess is you'd be calling it absolutely horrible.

IMO it just doesn't pass the "put yourself in their shoes" test.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps.

But the Rockies don't really have much wiggle room here. He's probably their most expendable asset and if they want to make a run in the West, I think they'll be doing themselves/players/fans a great disservice by holding onto a 26 yr old 1B with nowhere to play for the next couple seasons.

They don't have much leverage to command a couple top ten prospects for a blocked prospect.

Javy and Jason Johnson should probably be able to get it done.

Combine Javy with one solid prospect and you're probably darn close.

It's relative...the Rockies can make the playoffs. Shealy will probably only be able to help them as a pinch-hitter this season.

Javy can play everyday.

The Rox can afford to lose Shealy.

Maybe, but if they have an opportunity at the playoffs this year and they think this could be the 1-2 pieces that could help them get over the hump...

They may not be as upset when they lose a 26 year old minor leaguer that is blocked by a stud that should be there by the time the Minor leaguer is close to 30.

Yea i would like it.

The reality is he seems to be a no defense, all hit guy, ie a DH.

His value is down just because of that.

If you are a Rox fan and you have a player blocked whose value is diminished and you can win now, wouldn't you be upset that all you got were some prospects you had never heard of instead of a good piece or 2 that can help you now.

Now Dave, don't get me wrong, you may be right saying Javy is not enough. I will not dispute that possibility but at the end of the day, what can they really expect for him?

You'd probably get a consensus on that, which means it might not be enough. :)

If that's not enough than the Rockies can go elsewhere with Shealy. He's not worth it for any of our better arms (Olsen, Erbe, Liz, Loewen, Penn) and Johnson is a better prospect than almost all of our hitters...

And no way do I throw in three players for 1 and have US send the MLer.

A 26 yr old, who can't play anywhere but 1B, on an NL team with an All-Star 1B under a huge contract for the next couple of season....if a team wants to top that offer more power to them.

If that's not enough than the Rockies can go elsewhere with Shealy. He's not worth it for any of our better arms (Olsen, Erbe, Liz, Loewen, Penn) and Johnson is a better prospect than almost all of our hitters...

And no way do I throw in three players for 1 and have US send the MLer.

A 26 yr old, who can't play anywhere but 1B, on an NL team with an All-Star 1B under a huge contract for the next couple of season....if a team wants to top that offer more power to them.

Right...Personally, i do not think i trade JJ Johnson in that deal.

If they want another player like Hawkins or Matos or if they want Rlo and want to send us another player, fine.

I would trade Javy or Hawkins and if i had to, would include Fio or Finch or guys like that.

Right. Shealy would probably outhit Javy as the DH. That's getting better now and for the future. LOL

RShack! Where are you on this one?

Shealy would be a real good candidate for the "mediocre prospect" litmus test.

I may have missed it. Does anyone know where Shealy is listed on the Rockies top ten prospects? Also, are the Rockies considered to have a strong system?

Shealy may not be eligible for BA's top 10 list anymore.

I think their farm system is ok...Nothing great but they have some solid young arms and a great SS prospect.

Right. Shealy would probably outhit Javy as the DH. That's getting better now and for the future. LOL

RShack! Where are you on this one?

Not only that, but I think that kid could get real good quickly in the majors.

And make under 1 Million a year... for a couple of years!

Archived