TB: 50-50 Chance Longoria is in OD 2008

Crazysilver03

Manager Joe Maddon said there was a "50-50" chance Longoria, the Rays' top pick in the 2006 draft, could be the starting third baseman on opening day. And it sounded like there was no doubt he'd be there at some point next season, with the more pressing question whether it's better for his development to start the year in the majors or come up after a couple of months.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/27/Rays/Team_eyes_Longoria_fo.shtml

We knew this was coming sooner or later.

The D'Rays lineup is going to be stacked. I guess this would lead to Brendan Harris at SS.

The Rays are going to have a few pieces to be able to trade this offseason. Should be fun to watch.

I don't think their preference would be Harris at SS. His lack of range has really hurt the young pitching in their minds, and his bat has cooled considerably. My guess is they go for one of the many no-hit, good glove SSs available in free agency. With that lineup they think they can support it, and the defense would be well worth it.

I don't think their preference would be Harris at SS. His lack of range has really hurt the young pitching in their minds, and his bat has cooled considerably. My guess is they go for one of the many no-hit, good glove SSs available in free agency. With that lineup they think they can support it, and the defense would be well worth it.

Now THAT'S a team that could afford to have Luis Hernandez at SS. Kind of.

Archived