MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense but how stupid are you?

Its pretty f'ing clear what my point is...I am getting SICK AND TIRED OF HIS TALKING.

I want him to improve this damn team.

His offseason was pathetic...For a guy that said(again, talk, no actions) that wins and losses matter, he had a horrific offseason.

So, i want him to start doing something to actuall improve this team...i don't need to hear him placate the fans and say a bunch of bs that a a 5 year blind monkey can figure out.

Maybe you need him to stroke you with his words...Maybe VaTech needs that too.

I am done listening to this garbage...I want results.

Its been obvious over the last few days, with the Crow stuff, that results don't matter to you...Well, they matter to me and that's what i want to see.

So, AM..SHUT UP and do your damn job...IE, improving this team and getting it out of laughing stock territory.

I would rather him turn into a shut-in than have to listen to this garbage.

A-maz-ing.

Okay. I'll ask again: you've said, yourself, said that the impact bats available this off-season were too pricey.

At the end of the day, what big bats were available this offseason? Holliday for sure...Guys like AGon and Fielder likely...but at what cost?

The cost would have been too much for us.

How anyone can hold this over his head is beyond me.

I am much more upset with the lack of movement in terms of getting a SS

But that you would have hoped that he went after a SS. I like Hardy, too. But would Hardy have made a difference between where we are now and where you want to be, exactly? Would he have made it a good off-season?

How can you, on the one hand, support the fact that he didn't make a move for over-priced bats and on the other claim that the off-season was terrible.

I think the $4.5m on Atkins was poorly spent. Otherwise, I just don't see where there is any difference between this season and last, save for the performance of players who were already here. Does Atkins even matter if Reimold and Jones are putting up .800 OPSes?

I'm honestly just curious. You've said many times that you're happy with the foundation of the rebuild. And you've said that the impact players were over-priced. But it's the very foundation, now, that's showing its cracks. So, what gives?

Do you think he will sign a pitcher to a big, long term contract? Why or why not?
I do not think he will sign a FA pitcher to a big, long-term contract. I think, if he's still in charge, that he'd be open to extending one of our guys to that type of contract.

I think he feels that FA pitchers are far more risky than FA bats, and given that we lag the Red Sox by about $30-40M and the Yankees by $100M+ in terms of max payroll capability, its not as wise for us to take our big chances on SP, we should put our money into the FA hitters. I do think he'll be willing to sign a FA hitter to a huge, market-setting type contract.

I don't consider that a value or principle that he has, I think that's a function of our payroll capability. If we had the Red Sox or Yankees payroll flexibility, he'd be far more willing to take on risk, since the downside of a contract flopping isn't nearly as franchise-crippling to them as a $100M pitcher going all Zito would be to us. I also think that if we somehow developed a high performing offense through mostly internal methods, and were one big starter away from being a true contender, that he'd overlook his preference to avoid high priced FA pitching and would go after one if its available.

I don't like the part about the schedule, playing good teams is was an excuse he provided from my perspective. Was he not aware the Yanks were on our schedule this year?

And what happened vs Oakland, Seattle and Toronto?

Who exactly should we play Durham and Rochester?

I do not think he will sign a FA pitcher to a big, long-term contract. I think, if he's still in charge, that he'd be open to extending one of our guys to that type of contract.

I think he feels that FA pitchers are far more risky than FA bats, and given that we lag the Red Sox by about $30-40M and the Yankees by $100M+ in terms of max payroll capability, its not as wise for us to take our big chances on SP, we should put our money into the FA hitters. I do think he'll be willing to sign a FA hitter to a huge, market-setting type contract.

I don't consider that a value or principle that he has, I think that's a function of our payroll capability. If we had the Red Sox or Yankees payroll flexibility, he'd be far more willing to take on risk, since the downside of a contract flopping isn't nearly as franchise-crippling to them as a $100M pitcher going all Zito would be to us. I also think that if we somehow developed a high performing offense through mostly internal methods, and were one big starter away from being a true contender, that he'd overlook his preference to avoid high priced FA pitching and would go after one if its available.

Really? He has said that he doesn't feel investing in FA pitching, in terms of a large deal, is worth it.

I think that is a principle he has and I don't see him changing that idea.

No offense but how stupid are you?

Its pretty f'ing clear what my point is...I am getting SICK AND TIRED OF HIS TALKING.

I want him to improve this damn team.

His offseason was pathetic...For a guy that said(again, talk, no actions) that wins and losses matter, he had a horrific offseason.

So, i want him to start doing something to actuall improve this team...i don't need to hear him placate the fans and say a bunch of bs that a a 5 year blind monkey can figure out.

Maybe you need him to stroke you with his words...Maybe VaTech needs that too.

I am done listening to this garbage...I want results.

Its been obvious over the last few days, with the Crow stuff, that results don't matter to you...Well, they matter to me and that's what i want to see.

So, AM..SHUT UP and do your damn job...IE, improving this team and getting it out of laughing stock territory.

I would rather him turn into a shut-in than have to listen to this garbage.

Then, honestly, just don't watch the video. You knew he was going to talk, not introduce you to a newly-acquired player, so why even watch? The idea that a 2:45-long video is taking away from his time to "do his damn job" is laughable.

Really? He has said that he doesn't feel investing in FA pitching, in terms of a large deal, is worth it.

I think that is a principle he has and I don't see him changing that idea.

So you think if he ran the Yankees that he wouldn't have signed Sabathia?

I think he believes that big money FA pitching isn't worth it when your payroll is $50-100M less than your closest competition. We can't really afford to eat a big contract and still compete like the Red Sox can and the Yankees definitely can multiple times over.

You said he has principles and values that he believes regardless of division (and I'm inferring payroll here). I don't think he does. I think he has a strong belief in what we have to do to compete given our resources and our competition and their resources.

This is BS. The Ravens sit in front of the media and answer whatever questions they want to ask them. Whether they went 13-3 or 5-11. Heck Bisciotti sat there and took questions from the media after he fired Billick. MacPhail puts up a video or goes on the Garceau show and lets gold old Scotty lob softballs at him for 10 minutes.

Oh please. MacPhail has been very visable and has talked to the media as much as anyone. Bisciotti went before the media after he fired Billick, but not in the middle of that season when the Ravens were struggling.

When and if MacPhail fires people I guarantee he fields a presser like Bisciotti did. Please, All he did was have a press conference he didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Then, honestly, just don't watch the video. You knew he was going to talk, not introduce you to a newly-acquired player, so why even watch? The idea that a 2:45-long video is taking away from his time to "do his damn job" is laughable.

Oh I agree that idea if laughable.

Its just the same tired message over and over again.

So you think if he ran the Yankees that he wouldn't have signed Sabathia?

I think he believes that big money FA pitching isn't worth it when your payroll is $50-100M less than your closest competition. We can't really afford to eat a big contract and still compete like the Red Sox can and the Yankees definitely can multiple times over.

You said he has principles and values that he believes regardless of division (and I'm inferring payroll here). I don't think he does. I think he has a strong belief in what we have to do to compete given our resources and our competition and their resources.

No I really don't.

BTW, for the most part, I don't think this is a bad trait of his so please don't take it as me bashing him.

My biggest issue is I don't think he will deviate from his plan(and in turn, his values and ideals) at all or at least not enough for it to make a difference.

Its not irrelevant because he has certain values and principles that he believes in..Certain things that he believes will work, no matter what division he is in.

Sports Guy, I've lurked on this board since the Tejada offseason.

You've constantly said you wanted a full-scale rebuild.

Starting in 2007, AM gave you one, right?

I take it you understand that the team wasn't going to compete in 2008 or 2009, right?

So basically, all your frustration is stemming from the 33 game start...A start in which Adam Jones, who you clamored for, is playing horribly, and Reimold, who you always wanted called up, is playing horribly.

You always say it is stupid to sign free agents to long-term deals.

So what are you upset about exactly? That the team isn't closer to .500?

This start has nothing to do with the future unless you believe that Jones and Reimold are going to be this bad for the next 5 years.

You are venting a lot of frustration but I'm really not sure why. Because we got off to a bad start? How is this start AM's fault?

Archived