MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

A worthless post from you. Just like I expected.

Why? Because he does not sugar coat things like most people on here do.

You may put your head back in the sand now. Everything is going to be so much better from now on.Andy will show you the way.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? Because he does not sugar coat things like most people on here do.

You may put your head back in the sand now. Everything is going to be so much better from now on.Andy will show you the way.

No, because he says absolutely ridiculous things. Like how so many resources were wasted on making that video. That's just dumb.

You know what? I appreciate the video. I don't LIKE the video. I don't think the video provides a whole lot of news. But I appreciate it.

Know why? Because Andy put a face on the team. His own. He's taking some accountability here, and that's new. You can say he's blaming this or making excuses on that, but ultimately, that's his mug out there telling us what's up.

It's a step.

What accountability did he take? Did he apologize for signing Garrett Atkin's corpse? No, he said we had to play the Yankees and Red Sox 12 times in a row. Gee, I hadn't heard that one yet.

What accountability did he take? Did he apologize for signing Garrett Atkin's corpse? No, he said we had to play the Yankees and Red Sox 12 times in a row. Gee, I hadn't heard that one yet.

Well no one would come out and say that. But yah there is some accountability there. Whatever. The video means nothing. DOn't like it, don't dislike, I'm numb to it.

No I don't...I am freaking sick and tired of his empty talk.

The team blows and he needs to do something about it...He had an awful offseason and now the team is barely better than the 88 team.

I don't want to hear the normal AM bs, stay the course talk.

I want results...Nothing he says means a damn thing at this point.

He always says good things...who cares about what he says...I care about what he does.

Do you mean "Actions Speak Louder than Words"? :D

It isn't nothing we all haven't heard before!

So it IS something we haven't heard before.

[is not] + [nothing] + [have not] + [heard]

[is not] + [nothing] = [is not nothing] = [is something]

[is something] = [haven't heard] = It's something we haven't heard before!

It's amusing that you think that AM should admit "accountability" for signing a player still on his team.

I get your frustration, and I'm no AM apologist, but here is the difference between this video and everything we've seen the past 10 years: The face.

Let me give you two totally unfair-comparison hypotheticals:

1. Someone presents a bunch of facts that tell you OJ killed his wife; and

2: O.J. sits in front of a camera and says: "I killed my wife."

Totally unfair and a poor comparison, I get it, but:

We know the facts. But to see the guy in charge admit this matters...like I said, it's a step.

Actually, they might've been a waste of resources.

I wouldv'e liked him to talk more about where we are going as opposed to where we have been.

Well, where we've been is in the frying pan.

Where we are going is straight into the fire!

What were people expecting, exactly?

Honestly I was expecting nothing. I just don't see the point of the video, I guess. I don't think it was a particularly convincing message of calm. The things he was saying were rational, but most rational people probably already understood it all.

I don't think that video would do anything to assuage the doubts of irrational, impatient people. I would think it would have the opposite effect - and looking around this thread it seems it has.

I guess I could say I appreciate the gesture, but I think the video was pretty pointless.

Archived