MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

Oh please. MacPhail has been very visable and has talked to the media as much as anyone. Bisciotti went before the media after he fired Billick, but not in the middle of that season when the Ravens were struggling.

When and if MacPhail fires people I guarantee he fields a presser like Bisciotti did. Please, All he did was have a press conference he didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Okay, well then do me a favor. You go to the blogger events. Please ask him at the next one when the MASN money will be used to improve the talent on the field instead of lining the Asbestos King's wallet.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I really don't.

BTW, for the most part, I don't think this is a bad trait of his so please don't take it as me bashing him.

My biggest issue is I don't think he will deviate from his plan(and in turn, his values and ideals) at all or at least not enough for it to make a difference.

You don't THINK he will deviate from his plan? Even though he's said that he will go outside the organization for resources when the time is right.

You've spent 20 pages bashing him for something that you THINK he won't do.

Everything he has said he's going to do since he got to Baltimore and had his press conference in June of 2007, he's done.

Yet you don't think he will keep doing so, so you're going to bash him on end.

Sweet!

Well, that was a whole lot of nada.

Bottoms up, Moose! :new_beer:

Bottoms up, indeed.

What were people expecting, exactly?

It's what I expected....yet, just kinda....pathetic. I like MacPhail, as a person...I think he's a good dude, at his core. He just...doesn't inspire much confidence at a time like this, with a video like that.

"Hi, I'm Andy MacPhail, please watch me fidget with my pen for 2:45."

Spot on.

Especially now...Because the chance of anything substantial happening mid season, especially this early on, is about zilch.

Exactly.

That was a GREAT sweater vest. Other than that? It might have been cooler if the video would have involved Andy MacPhail fielding questions from the media at the end of that statement.

The sweater vest was money.

Okay, well then do me a favor. You go to the blogger events. Please ask him at the next one when the MASN money will be used to improve the talent on the field instead of lining the Asbestos King's wallet.

And you know for a fact that MASN is making money, especially since they have to pay the Nationals $25+ million each year.

You don't THINK he will deviate from his plan? Even though he's said that he will go outside the organization for resources when the time is right.

Everything he has said he's going to do since he got to Baltimore and had his press conference in June of 2007, he's done.

Sweet!

No I don't believe him. We are 9-23....if the time isn't right now to seek outside help, then pray-tell when that time may be?

Sweet!

Who cares if he said that?

What does that mean?

Who is to say he will acquire the right players?

And who the hell knows if he will actually accomplish it.

No I don't believe him. We are 9-23....if the time isn't right now to seek outside help, then pray-tell when that time may be?

You can't make trades right now without vastly overpaying. But you are exactly correct. We should come back to this on 7/31 and see what bats he has acquired to help the struggling offense. I'm sure there will be another excuse presented at that time.

Do you realize how impossible it is to make trades in May? It isn't going to happen. You know that. What is it you're expecting him to do?

For the most part, i agree with you.

But you mean to tell me there isn't some kind of Jon Knott type guy out there...Some kind of Ken Phelps AS that is sitting in AAA, waiting for a call...That there isn't someone that we could give up nothing for and bring them here and see if they can do something?

hard to believe that is the case.

Now, i am not saying that this player will be some kind of a difference maker...But just like Hughes when he first came up, get someone up here with a hot bat that could maybe help the team out for a few weeks before the luster wears back off.

BTW, not bashing him for not doing this...Just more of a suggestion and counter to your above post.

For the most part, i agree with you.

But you mean to tell me there isn't some kind of Jon Knott type guy out there...Some kind of Ken Phelps AS that is sitting in AAA, waiting for a call...That there isn't someone that we could give up nothing for and bring them here and see if they can do something?

hard to believe that is the case.

Now, i am not saying that this player will be some kind of a difference maker...But just like Hughes when he first came up, get someone up here with a hot bat that could maybe help the team out for a few weeks before the luster wears back off.

BTW, not bashing him for not doing this...Just more of a suggestion and counter to your above post.

Corey Patterson and Rhyne Hughes are examples of just this. Hughes was hitting as well as any AAA 1st baseman out there.

AM is actually doing what you advocate, but it is frustrating to see that when we continue to lose.

Do you realize how impossible it is to make trades in May? It isn't going to happen. You know that. What is it you're expecting him to do?

Yep, trades that would really help right now are unlikely regardless of the GM imo. Plus, do we really want him to deal young players for guys that will help right now in a season that clearly won't be a contending one or anything close?

Sure, maybe do what SG wants and trade for Gordon or Wood or someone like that, but that's not helping much at all in the present.

Archived