MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

Hopefully he just comes out and says that if the O's don't finish with a winning record for this stretch of teams (SEA-CLE-KC-TEX-WSH), things are really going to change (insinuating firing Trembley, making trades, and moving players to the minors). SEA-CLE-KC have a combined record of 34-58, it's time for a winning streak.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All joking aside, I don't want to hear an apology from MacPhail.

I want to hear how we are going to fix it and I want him to commit to a deadline that we need to be competitive.

No more of this "the fans will determine when" crap. Set a date and go for it.

I also want him to commit to winning games and saying they are going to look at ramping up the talent at the ML level as soon as June or July regardless of our record. If the players are available that can help us now and in the future, we go get them.

The second half of this season needs to be one to build on, not one to forget by dumping the vets and tanking yet another season.

I sure do enjoy your posts. Spot on.

I think it will be a video of MacPhail doing impersonations of all his favorite head coach press conference meltdowns.

PLAYOFFS?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Larry Bird's not walkin through that door, fans.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

etc.

I think it will be a video of MacPhail doing impersonations of all his favorite head coach press conference meltdowns.

PLAYOFFS?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Larry Bird's not walkin through that door, fans.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

etc.

Love the Mora part:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"So, um, it appears we need to make a change in our 21-10 Eutaw Street promotion..."
Haha, just last week I was telling people that the next game I go to, I'm going sit right behind the Orioles dugout with a sign that reads "21?? Eutaw Street." Then I saw AJ would probably challenge me to some BP, and I got scared. ;)

All joking aside, I don't want to hear an apology from MacPhail.

I want to hear how we are going to fix it and I want him to commit to a deadline that we need to be competitive.

No more of this "the fans will determine when" crap. Set a date and go for it.

I also want him to commit to winning games and saying they are going to look at ramping up the talent at the ML level as soon as June or July regardless of our record. If the players are available that can help us now and in the future, we go get them.

The second half of this season needs to be one to build on, not one to forget by dumping the vets and tanking yet another season.

Just curious but why do you need MacPhail to set a deadline for you? Why does he need to come out and say that we need to be competitive by 2012 or else we're screwed?

It's one thing to set a goal, but it's another to set a deadline. And I believe his goal has been for 2011 and 2012 to begin seeing these results (which I remember him stating when he initially took the job as a date for competing). And don't bring up the "wins and losses matter this year" bullcrap. Anybody with half a brain knew we weren't going to magically jump to the top of the standings. With Wieters, Reimold, Matusz, Hernandez, Tillman, and even Pie among other who are having their first full MLB seasons, if you thought the win loss turn-around was going to be huge I think you're being naive.

Baseball is a sport based on development. It doesn't happen over night. And when the success of your team is based on the results of your core of young players, there are going to be up and downs. And being competitive isn't going to just fall in our laps.

Just curious but why do you need MacPhail to set a deadline for you? Why does he need to come out and say that we need to be competitive by 2012 or else we're screwed?

It's one thing to set a goal, but it's another to set a deadline. And I believe his goal has been for 2011 and 2012 to begin seeing these results (which I remember him stating when he initially took the job as a date for competing). And don't bring up the "wins and losses matter this year" bullcrap. Anybody with half a brain knew we weren't going to magically jump to the top of the standings. With Wieters, Reimold, Matusz, Hernandez, Tillman, and even Pie among other who are having their first full MLB seasons, if you thought the win loss turn-around was going to be huge I think you're being naive.

Baseball is a sport based on development. It doesn't happen over night. And when the success of your team is based on the results of your core of young players, there are going to be up and downs. And being competitive isn't going to just fall in our laps.

Who has he developed? Matusz and Wieters weren't developed-they were just that good. Josh Bell was traded for and hasn't quite made it. Most other players on the BL roster were already here.

I think we have some fundamental problems as a ballclub developing players actually.

Who has he developed? Matusz and Wieters weren't developed-they were just that good. Josh Bell was traded for and hasn't quite made it. Most other players on the BL roster were already here.

I think we have some fundamental problems as a ballclub developing players actually.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You bring up some good points. This club has not been able to develop a position player out of HS or JUCO since Nick Markakis.

The homegrown players it has developed have been more advanced and have come from college ball.

And there was a lot of talent in the system before MacPhail as Jordan had three drafts prior to MacPhail taking over.

I understand the daunting task it must be for AM to put together a winning squad after many yrs of losing. But there is nothing, absolutely nothing AM can possible say to me via video web, in person, on a plane, train or subway that could convince me that this team is heading in another other direction but straight down into the abyss. Now, and for the forseeable future. I now return you to your previously scheduled program.

MacPhail is going to release the video from "The Ring", so that any O's fan who watches will be dead in 7 days.

Then he is free to create a new, non-disgruntled, less demanding fanbase.

You may be on to something.

Maybe he's just going to have one of those big black and white pinwheels spinning in the background hypnotizing us.

If he starts swinging a chain and asking us to follow it - and then says "you're getting sleepy...Corey Patterson is the answer...you're getting sleepy..." I'll know he's up to something.

Archived