MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just his time, but the cost and time of the filming crew and then the cost and time spent to edit and upload it.

All of that could have been put to better use.

It's a waste of resources.

Yes, because MacPhail just wrote, directed, and edited a sequel to Avatar.

You're being ridiculous, JTrea (though at this point, "ridiculous JTrea" is a redundant phrase). You haven't even seen the video, or know what it's about, and you're accusing MacPhail of letting it distract him from his GM duties.

I'm sad my Chatroulette joke didn't get more play. Is it because you're all old and don't know what Chatroulette is? Damn.

I'm actually interested in what they say. I think it'll be revealing (in sub-textual ways). I also think JTrea's opinions are like Confederate money.

I thought it was an excellent joke for the record.

Yes, because MacPhail just wrote, directed, and edited a sequel to Avatar.

You're being ridiculous, JTrea (though at this point, "ridiculous JTrea" is a redundant phrase). You haven't even seen the video, or know what it's about, and you're accusing MacPhail of letting it distract him from his GM duties.

Look I understand this isn't taking a ton of time or resources, but it is a waste regardless because it isn't going to change a thing.

As SG said, they need to do something.

Look I understand this isn't taking a ton of time or resources, but it is a waste regardless because it isn't going to change a thing.

Then why do you keep talking over and over and over, saying the same thing over and over and over. It isn't going to change a thing.

Keep movin' those goalposts.

MacPhail made no promises. He just said wins and losses matter this year. He didn't say "playoffs" or even "above .500". He just said wins and losses matter more than they have in the past.

It's the fan who went overboard interpreting things the way way they did.

I agree with this - which is why he shouldn't have said it or should have followed it up with something with more definition like "I'm not saying that we need to be a .500 team or make the playoffs but if healthy and everyone performs to their abilities, I believe the team that we will field this year should improve on our win total from last year."

It's clearly an either/or. The opportunity cost is enormous here.

I'm just curious, are there actual people in the world who look to you for insight and advice on anything? Is there someone out there actually reliant on your remarkably off-kilter analysis? Can we start a fund for that person?

What if he comes out and says exactly what you praised the M's GM for. Something to the effect of: Listen, I am not happy with where we are and I am doing anything and everything I can do to make improvements, including making and fielding calls to other organizations throughout the day."

Will you heap praise on AM like you did for Jack Z? Because in that thread you wanted a GM who would come out and talk to the fans and tell us how he is working the phones to make the ballclub better.

Trea, really, fold your hand on this argument. Ya got know when to fold 'em....

Yea.but MLB GM isn't one of those jobs.

His job is to make this team a winner...Not give us a bunch of nice quotes while he sits on his butt and doesn't back anything up.

Talk is cheap...We should all be tired of the talk.

He can talk until he is blue in the face but the bottom line is he isn't actually doing anything about it.

I disagree. It's not the day to day job of the CEO of BP to do PR...but he's out there doing lots of PR during the Gulf Leak. The start of this season is the O's Gulf leak!

Archived