That's it... time to send Adam to Norfolk

SteveA

I haven't seen major problems with Wieters approach at the plate, just his results. I haven't seen evidence that Wieters isn't listening to his coaches and needs a wakeup call.

did I miss something? what evidence is there that Jones isn't listening to the coaches?

Is it possible the coaches just suck? Nobody is hitting..very well

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did I miss something? what evidence is there that Jones isn't listening to the coaches?

You think when you are down 4 runs you should be swinging at eye high 3-1 pitches? What coach you think is telling him that?

I was just discussing with someone: "based on preseason expectations, who has been the biggest disappointment this year for the Birds?" In a season that's so far been one big disappointment, Jonesy is probably Numero Uno. I don't know if a stint at Norfolk will help, but we're getting close to the point where "it couldn't hurt."

I haven't seen major problems with Wieters approach at the plate, just his results. I haven't seen evidence that Wieters isn't listening to his coaches and needs a wakeup call.

Me neither but that first pitch ground out in the first on a shoulder high fastball was ugly.

There's been numerous examples of horrible approaches at the plate this year. I really don't know what is going on with some of this stuff.

Me neither but that first pitch ground out in the first on a shoulder high fastball was ugly.

There's been numerous examples of horrible approaches at the plate this year. I really don't know what is going on with some of this stuff.

It is maddening. Tonight has been a great example. They just don't get it.

He made a bad swing...that does not mean he's not listening to the coach.

He's been swinging at bad pitches all year. Look at this inning going on now. Even Cesar freakin' Izturis can take a walk when the pitcher isn't anywhere near the strike zone, and so did Wiggy.

He's been swinging at bad pitches all year. Look at this inning going on now. Even Cesar freakin' Izturis can take a walk when the pitcher isn't anywhere near the strike zone, and so did Wiggy.

Most of the team has taken horrid swings all year. That does not mean they aren't listening to the coaches. The bullpen has sucked most of the year, does that mean they aren't listening to the pitching coach?

I think it's either lack of true talent, or bad coaching.

Well like I said I agree Jones needs to go down but I doubt it happens for "Marketing" reasons.

Well like I said I agree Jones needs to go down but I doubt it happens for "Marketing" reasons.

One could argue that's a reason he should be sent down. The only thing worse than running those ads while the guy is sent to the minors is running those ads while everyone can see him doing the opposite in the majors.

Yep. Bring Reimold back, his .091 average in AAA shows he's worked out his issues. You guys are ridiculous.

We have no depth. It is pitiful. Jones needs to go down, but there is nobody to replace him. Sad. Very sad.

One could argue that's a reason he should be sent down. The only thing worse than running those ads while the guy is sent to the minors is running those ads while everyone can see him doing the opposite in the majors.

I don't believe they should be ran at all. He needs to prove he's something special..ya know someone who can do more then chew gum.

I absolutely hate those ads.

Does Jones swing at every curveball?

He just isn't recognizing the spin or the pitch at all.

Although, that was a nice hit off a curve there.

He's got to be a mess mentally at the plate.

On a unrelated note, is the Rangers' pitching coach running for mayor?

Archived