That's it... time to send Adam to Norfolk

SteveA

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. Bring Reimold back, his .091 average in AAA shows he's worked out his issues. You guys are ridiculous.

Doubtful that Jones will be sent down given his marketability and all star status. Hopefully TC will work out JOnes' issues with some time but hard to see a team struggling with star power send down a slumping player in favor of average AAA players.

Reimold's not coming back anytime soon. The guy has a baby on the way with the pregnant fiance he left in spring training. There's got to be a mental component of his game that is gone at this point. Dealing with impending fatherhood and legal drama can't make for a good season. I expect that when the baby is born, it may only get worse....although there's not a lot of wiggle room with a .095 and switch of position.

Moore may be the best candidate for a move.

This place has officially lost its collective mind.

From Melewski:

http://masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/05/stats-facts-and-notes-from-wednesdays-loss-at-texas.html

The results and the batting stats (line drive rate) clearly show that he is hitting A LOT better. I can post the line drive stats from fangraphs again since nobody seems to want to pay attention to them. Yeh, he is hitting terribly and should be sent down. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile:

The golden child hasn't squared up a ball in a long time yet there is nothing about him. I'm not sure why Adam has become such a target for nastiness, but the one sidedness of the comments here are crazy. Wieters hasn't been any better than Jones this year, not by a long shot. Reimold has been worse. Atkins has been worse.

Expectations. Jones was a freakin' All-Star, Gold-Glove-Winning OF last year (as we've been reminded constantly by MASN). Last night was Jones' 365th ML game; Wieters and Riemold have played in less than half that number (136 and 133), so, yeah, we're probably willing to give them a little more rope...

And we knew Atkins was going to suck.

Jones was sort of called out by Palmer. Jones was ahead in the count 2-0 and he swung at a outside curveball. Palmer said something like,he should be thinking of a good pitch to hit. he should not be swinging at a outside curve, ahead in the count. Palmer said his approach at the plate is bad.

We will send Jones down before his Bobblehead Day ,like Reimold. I guess around June 24th,:laughlol:

Down 4 runs, a man on, and he swings at a 3-1 pitch that is way high and pops out.

What made that doubly infuriating was that Wieters had just taken a called strike three.

I really do have to wonder whether the O's spend enough time teaching the mental part of hitting. You can't let a very close pitch go by with 2 strikes and runners in scoring position with nobody out, and you can't swing at a pitch at eye level on a 3-1 count. I really get the feeling our hitters aren't thinking up there.

What made that doubly infuriating was that Wieters had just taken a called strike three.

I really do have to wonder whether the O's spend enough time teaching the mental part of hitting. You can't let a very close pitch go by with 2 strikes and runners in scoring position with nobody out, and you can't swing at a pitch at eye level on a 3-1 count. I really get the feeling our hitters aren't thinking up there.

It scares me when the catcher and pitcher in Toronto, said the Orioles hitters did not adjust during the game. They kept throwing the same pitch and the hitters kept swinging. Do the O's hitters talk on the bench about what pitches got them out. I noticed on Sunday,the Clevelnd players were all watching the game from the top of the dugout. The Orioles players were all seating and looked bored.

But, I thought Jones was looking so much better? :confused::rolleyes::)

He HAS been looking better at the plate. The last two weeks he is batting .327/.352/.738 clip. He has shown no power, but he has taken a different approach at the plate. He has been bunting, trying to get on base, moving runners over, trying to find his swing.

But he has looked better, I don't think anyone can really deny that.

He HAS been looking better at the plate. The last two weeks he is batting .327/.352/.738 clip. He has shown no power, but he has taken a different approach at the plate. He has been bunting, trying to get on base, moving runners over, trying to find his swing.

Better is a relative term. At least 3-4 of those hits were intentional or swinging bunts. He's really not hitting with authority, and numerous times (including last night at least twice) I've seen him swing right through some very hittable pitches in the middle of the plate. He really doesn't seem confident to me at all.

So, is he swinging better in the last 2 weeks than he was in the preceding several weeks? Yes, but he is still not looking very good and a couple of his ABs last night were horrendous.

This place has officially lost its collective mind.

From Melewski:

http://masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/05/stats-facts-and-notes-from-wednesdays-loss-at-texas.html

The results and the batting stats (line drive rate) clearly show that he is hitting A LOT better. I can post the line drive stats from fangraphs again since nobody seems to want to pay attention to them. Yeh, he is hitting terribly and should be sent down. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile:

The golden child hasn't squared up a ball in a long time yet there is nothing about him. I'm not sure why Adam has become such a target for nastiness, but the one sidedness of the comments here are crazy. Wieters hasn't been any better than Jones this year, not by a long shot. Reimold has been worse. Atkins has been worse.

Oh yeah Reimold, the guy who shouldn't have been sent down, is hitting .091 in AAA.

This place is ridiculous right now. Of course Jones is still having some bad at bats. He is a free swinger. It sucks, but he is who we thought he was. Miggy has been having these types of at bats for years. Such is life with free swingers.

Some of you guys REALLY need to take a look in the mirror. The desire to vent and to be right is really coloring the observations being made by a LOT of people.

LOL..I find it hilarious that when we had the discussion about Reimold, you mentioned the bloop hits...But no where here did you mention the bunts and the swing bunt hits that Jones has gotten over the last several games.

He has been looking better, but that's because he can't have gotten much worse. Adam Jones has looked so bad this year that he will either improve or he will be in the minors.

In the the last seven games Adam Jones has six strikeouts and no walks. He hasn't had a home run in his last 97 at-bats.

Jones is going to go through some periods that his BABIP will be high for a short time, and he will hit like a decent hitter. He had a .380 BABIP in April and May of last year when he was really hot. But unless Adam Jones fundamentally improves his plate discipline or hits for more power, prolonged success is not going to be easy for him.

Archived