Everybody Dancing Now!

enchiridion

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Some people on here saw this guy play somewhat decently during the White Sox series and were like “oMG i WaNT HiM!!1!1”    Now to be fair the guy he had an issue with, William Contreras, also seems like a huge douche. 
    • this isn’t a knock against Holliday but    Manny Machado, Bryce Harper, Juan Soto, Acuna, Vlad Jr …  should I keep going 
    • Trout was more than 10 years ago. But you can add Juan Soto to this very thin list.  And even if you want to go back say 15 years to include Trout and Harper, the list is still super small and doesn’t include many American born players. The talk of trading Holiday is extremely silly. Thankfully with the very risk adverse nature of Elias, I’m pretty sure that he would consider it preposterous.
    • The pitch location. I didn’t say control, I said command. 
    • Nice to see Urias showing signs of life. OPS up to .684. OPS+ is now somehow 99. 
    • Santander never even deserved it.  He had some hot and cold streaks, just normal level stuff. Hays and Urias were just off the charts bad at the beginning of the year, the kind of bad that makes you wonder if there’s something seriously wrong with them physically.  Urias (now at 99 OPS+} has basically dug himself completely out of his early season hole.  Hays (70 OPS+) still has a long way to go to do that, but at least he’s showing signs of life.    Also, I think a lot of people haven’t recognized just how much lower the league offensive environment is this year.  Urias had a 98 OPS+ last year with a .703 raw OPS; this year he’s at 99 with a .684.   Santander was at 121 OPS+ last year with a .797; this year, 118 OPS+ with a .751.  The average OPS in MLB was .734 last year and .698 this year.   Runs are down from 4.62 per game per team to 4.32.   So individual performances have to be viewed in that context.   
    • Right after his bro finished his CWS regional game at ECU.  What a day for the Norby Family. 
  • Popular Contributors