Alfredo Simon stinks

MZ HAMMER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By being hurt Hernandez misses golden opportunity!!
Yeah this is definitely unfortunate, as he'd probably be the next in line to take over.

If he's able to come back right after the 15 days, he may still be in that position if Simon continues to struggle, but if he takes longer, I think Gonzalez probably slides back into the role we signed him to fill, and that may keep Hernandez out of the closer's role for a while. He can still be a damn nasty setup guy until he takes over as the closer.

There's a reason I usually go to bed and turn the game off before the 9th inning. I know he gets the job done more often than not, but I simply don't like HOW he gets it done. I don't trust Simon. Of course, right now with as bad as the team is, it doesn't matter that much, though I suppose you want every win you can get. I'd be much more outraged if this team was a playoff contender.

Yeah this is definitely unfortunate, as he'd probably be the next in line to take over.

If he's able to come back right after the 15 days, he may still be in that position if Simon continues to struggle, but if he takes longer, I think Gonzalez probably slides back into the role we signed him to fill, and that may keep Hernandez out of the closer's role for a while. He can still be a damn nasty setup guy until he takes over as the closer.

I don't know if DH or Gonzalez was next in line... with the money, I'd guess even Buck is a little pressed to give Gonzo first shot.

I'm torn. Gonzo is the only lefty we have now. It's nice to have him available anytime, rather than locked into the closer role.

I don't know if DH or Gonzalez was next in line... with the money, I'd guess even Buck is a little pressed to give Gonzo first shot.

I'm torn. Gonzo is the only lefty we have now. It's nice to have him available anytime, rather than locked into the closer role.

Well, we do have Hendrickson, don't we? Not that I don't get a deep sense of dread brewing in my stomach every time he begins to warm up...

No way. Gonzo > Koji

Gonzo is not greater then Koji at that moment. They guy threw 16 pitches and got 6 easy outs. You have to ride that. 16 pitches isn't a lot of work for me, let alone a professional.

When I saw Simon come on I thought, "back to the stupid closer role, hope this doesn't bite us, again...". Then it happened.

There's a reason I usually go to bed and turn the game off before the 9th inning. I know he gets the job done more often than not, but I simply don't like HOW he gets it done. I don't trust Simon. Of course, right now with as bad as the team is, it doesn't matter that much, though I suppose you want every win you can get. I'd be much more outraged if this team was a playoff contender.

Simon is frustrating to watch.

Even when he gets the job done, he almost always makes it interesting. What's wrong with a nice, easy save? It's hard enough being an Orioles fan, why does he have to make the 9th inning make your heart race?! :laughlol:

Simon is better suited as their 3rd or 4th guy out of the pen. He doesn't miss enough bats and he makes too many mistakes which account for the more hits per inning and homeruns allowed. When you add in shoddy command and really he should be no where near the closer role, especially with a healthy Gonzales looking good and Koji throwing well.

Koji can't be the closer. He can't handle pitching several times a week, especially when they are back-to-back-to-back.

We signed Gonzalez to be the closer. Now that he appears to be completely healthy it's time for him to do what we paid him to do.

I have seen enough of Simon for the time being. He should have the old Berken role, ie, mop-up duty.

Since the all star break, Simon has pitched to a 6.92 ERA and has allowed at least one earned run in 6 of 12 appearances. Batters are hitting .340/.397/.623 off him in that time frame. And it's been worse than that over the last two weeks. Time to let someone else have the wheel.

Archived