Was firing Mazzone a good thing?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Was firing Mazzone a good thing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, you'll change your mind once it goes sour?

I pretty much feel the same way geschinger does....I am willing to go along with the move because at least it shows that they care about DT having someone he wants.

Now, the other side to that is Crowley is staying and they want Kranitz...Well, they both also have the connection to AM. If DT isn't retained after next year, i think both of these guys may stay for the new manager.

BTW, if Kranitz is such a hot commodity, maybe he could become the "new Mazzone"....IE the next great pitching coach.

Jeez, SG, don't play the doofus... *why* is he staying?

Because DT thinks he's the Hitting Professor?

Or because of something else?

AM wants him here...Why? I don't know. It really doesn't matter why IMO.

Whatever they think is the reason is a bit much IMO because he has failed for 9 years.

AM wants him here...Why? I don't know. It really doesn't matter why IMO.

Whatever they think is the reason is a bit much IMO because he has failed for 9 years.

What happened to Trembley picking his own staff? Does he want Crow back or is it just McPhail/Angelos?

I didn't want Mazzone gone but if DT and AM believe this to be the right move, then i will back them on it for now.

So, you'll change your mind once it goes sour?

Like everybody else won't?

Imagine that Leo goes somewhere and has great results... and imagine that the O's pitching is less-than-wonderful at the same time... what do you think everybody is gonna say? I don't know what you think would happen, but I imagine that the folks who are saying "good riddance" now would be having a major fit then. (Don't you?)

Archived