Is tonight the drop dead date for signing our draft picks?

I always hate it when a deadline is listed as "at midnight" because I never know which day it actually is. Technically midnight Monday is a little less than four hours from now, but the deadline is actually 24 hours later.

I hope we ink as many of these young men as we can. One place a decently cash filled crappy team can pick up ground is to get a large amount of overslot guys take your chances that way. In the grand scheme of things the amount we spend in the draft is little in the budget of this team. Didnt we have a 100 million dollar payroll less a decade ago? When we spent more than the Yankee's one year

That was the Camden Yards money. Then the whole League saw how much money Toronto and Baltimore were making. Everyone decided even if they couldnt get a club as talented as the early 90's era Toronto clubs were they could perhaps demand their local and state governments to pony up and get them all a "Camden Yards".

When Camden Yards opened it shook the League. It sold out night after night. 45,000 plus for the first 5-6 years it opened. No one could withstand the desire to reach unheard of profits. Every Club demanded their own modern stadium.

So in a way Camden Yards is and was more groundbreaking and important than the actual team right now.

Since then we have been a 2nd rate club.

I'll see you guys here tomorrow nite, just in time for the ineveitable board crash at 11:45 and the mad scramble after to see if Machado signed. ;)

The Wieters signing was pure madness around here. Not sure I can take that again tonight. I might do the wise thing and just wait til morning...

...or else wake up in the middle of the night and check it out. ;)

The Wieters signing was pure madness around here. Not sure I can take that again tonight. I might do the wise thing and just wait til morning...

...or else wake up in the middle of the night and check it out. ;)

The Wieters madness was classic. I'm posting from my phone so its tough to search...I'll give rep to anyone that posts RShack's summary of posts from that day...That remains one of my all time favorite posts.

Edit: Found it:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1013082&postcount=290

Archived