Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

Old#5fan

Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, obviously you know nothing about baseball though, just like CrazySilver03 said about me. He's the expert here and said Price has nothing but a fastball. Just ask him!:rolleyes:

Please point out where I made any such claims about Price. I think Price has good command of off-speed, which is why he is still a starter and will remain so, thus making your comparison to Rivera even more off base.

You brought up Rivera. And I just pointed out how wrong you were.

And do you have a complex, finding the need to keep bringing me up in conversation because you can't formulate your own "intelligent" ideas?

Unintentional comedy factor. Kind of like how everyone laughs at the guy getting hit in the groin with the Nerf football, even though they know it hurts like a #$%#$.

I got hit there by a golf ball once. My friend winged it at me from a distance of about 10 feet and I let it hit me because I thought it was a ping-pong ball. That was about 37-38 years ago and I still haven't forgotten.

I got hit there by a golf ball once. My friend winged it at me from a distance of about 10 feet and I let it hit me because I thought it was a ping-pong ball. That was about 37-38 years ago and I still haven't forgotten.

You should be thankful it wasn't coming off the face of his driver!!!!

Try taking a lacrosse ball in the brain once... you'll beg for someone to knock you out.

Since this thread is going downhill faster than a fat man sitting on a skateboard...

The worst episode of this I've ever seen is when I was at an overnight camp...I was probably about 9 or 10 years old. We stayed in a cabin but one night they took us out camping to a campsite. Had a cookout and everything.

Anyway, there was a group of older kids there from the same camp. One kid that was in our group had an older brother in the other group who was hanging out with us, all the while picking on his little brother who was my age.

There was a see-saw next to this picnic table we were sitting on and the older brother was straddling it, taunting his little brother. Of course, the part that he was straddling was down on the ground, the other part way up in the air...

So the little brother gets up on the picnic table, starts walking back and forth, kinda pacing, exchanging words with his older brother...suddenly, he runs, takes a flying leap off the picnic table, jumps on the high part of the see-saw sending the low part flying up at a high speed and hitting his brother right in the nuts.

To this day, I've never seen anyone in as much pain as that kid.

The point was brought up that Price throws 85 percent fastballs and not much else. It's bound to catch up with him if he doesn't sharpen up his offspeed offerings. You fought back and said Rivera only has one pitch. The point is that Rivera can do that because he throws one inning a night not 6 plus. Did you not comprehend any of that original argument?

Your argument still makes no sense. If Rivera is so sucessful with his one pitch over thousands of innings as a closer what the heck makes you think he couldn't be a starter and be just as successful with that same extremely difficult to hit pitch? :scratchchinhmm:

Apparently you never heard of the many closers/starters who have switched back and forth quite sucessfully like John Smoltz, Dennis Eckersly, (the guy the RedSox had who went back and forth from starter to closer (cannot think of his name right now but I think he's in the NL now as a starter again). Anyway, there is no reason whatsover to think Rivera couldn't have been sucessful as a starter with that cutter of his. None whatsover.

Archived