Reynolds soon

wvw011166

No, not you at all. I've said all along that this board underestimates what the cost will be. Reynolds is a quality player and Arizona knows what they have. I think the package you present here is going to be closer to the final package than a lot of people realize. I've been saying DH and JJ from the beginning and a little more wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think AM is going to deal off both Hernandez and Johnson. It's too much bullpen gone at the same time. With it's one of those and a second significant piece, maybe.

Right now Towers and MacPhail are playing poker, with Towers trying to avoid the impression that he really thinks Reynolds's Ks are unacceptable. I don't know the source of those reports, but they have no doubt undercut him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The trade has obviously hit a snag. Towers is asking for more than MacPhail wants to give him, IMO. Right now it is a stare down, waiting for somebody to blink.

That's not a snag. It's playing the game.

I won't be surprised to see this go down Sunday night, a few hours before the start of the meetings.

The trade has obviously hit a snag. Towers is asking for more than MacPhail wants to give him, IMO. Right now it is a stare down, waiting for somebody to blink.

When you said hit a snag I assumed that McPhail had snagged one of his beloved sweater vests and he was unable to make trades because he was dedicating his time to get it fixed.:laughlol:

This situation has happened in the past. MacPhail won't be the blinker, if experience is any guide; he'd prefer not to make a trade.

Examples: Seattle included Jones, Tillman, AND Butler. Tejada for Pelzer. Ohman for Vandenhurk. No trade at last deadline for Guthrie.

In all of these trades, the other team reportedly was offering less, then increased their offer to meet MacPhail's price, not vice versa.

This situation has happened in the past. MacPhail won't be the blinker, if experience is any guide; he'd prefer not to make a trade.

Examples: Seattle included Jones, Tillman, AND Butler. Tejada for Pelzer. Ohman for Vandenhurk. No trade at last deadline for Guthrie.

In all of these trades, the other team reportedly was offering less, then increased their offer to meet MacPhail's price, not vice versa.

The Millwood trade had more then Ray in the mix. DH and Tillman were talked about.

I didn't really know much about Reynolds except that he had 32 hr's last year, 6th in the NL. I just checked him out on baseballreference and saw that he has led the NL in k's the past 3 years and finished 2010 with a .198 average. Not to be outdone in the field, he led all 1B in errors in 2008 and 2009 while finishing first for errors at 3rd in 2008 and 2nd in 2009 and 2010.

This is who we are hoping for? Gosh, this stinks.

According to Zrebiac that trade is to be had with Hernandez and Bell for Reynolds but the Orioles aren't completely sold on Reynolds. For Pete sakes get the deal done!!!!

Do you have a link to that? I didn't see anything over on the Baltimore Sun sports page.

I know how you feel, but will you be disappointed when you hear that the parties couldn't agree on a trade?

Not when I hear that that was the final offer from the D-Backs.

I guess I'd be disappointed in a way, but I know I'd be more disappointed if they made that trade than if they didn't make it.

Archived