vs. RAYS, 4/02 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O(vs. D-RAYS, 4/02) O(Opening Day)

Nick Markakis - RF

Manny Machado - 3B

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Chris Davis - 1B

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nolan Reimold - LF

Steve Pearce - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Jason Hammel - RHP (8-6, 3.43 ERA)

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Desmond Jennings - CF

Sam Fuld - RF

Ben Zobrist - 2B

Evan Longoria - 3B

Matt Joyce - LF

Yunel Escobar - SS

James Loney - 1B

Jose Molina - C

Kelly Johnson - DH

David Price - LHP (20-5, 2.56 ERA) *

* 2012 A.L. CY YOUNG WINNER

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php?d=4/2/2013

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice.day for opening day.72 deg. Clear skies. Gentle nw breezes here in St Pete. Perfect if it was outdoors. Son flew in from BWI this morning. Says here were lots of Os fans on the plane. Lots of excitemet in the air. Go Os.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Walters is at AA Akron, and the Orioles did draft him, so they would probably have interest. He has been electric so far striking out more than 2 per inning. I also like Aleman quite a bit at AAA. He had a 0.00 ERA in 24 innings with Akron last year with 14.3 K/9. This year at Columbus he has a 2.07 ERA and 15.9 K/9 in 13 innings. I like Gaddis more than most probably. He has struggled a bit lately, but they rode him really hard at the beginning of the year. There might be something to the idea of dealing with Cleveland because Cleveland still needs serious help in the outfield. Outside of Kwan (who is out for 4 weeks), they’ve been running out the following: Ramon Laureano: 68 wRC+ (mostly platooned) Tyler Freeman: 90 wRC+ Will Brennan: 97 wRC+ Estevan Florial: 106 wRC+ (mostly platooned)
    • Ummmmm...maybe because he is a top 100 prospect and a former #2 draft pick and the 2 guys from Clev have been middling relievers there entire careers?   Tell ya what.  Why do you offer 2 of our average middle relievers to XXX team for a top 100 prospect and top 5 pick and see how far you get without being laughed out of the room.   Some of the takes I see from people such as yourself....wanting to trade top talent for relievers who are literally a dime a dozen...is wild to me.
    • Right at this moment that's true-- Mayo is more deserving of being the next callup. But I think Holliday was deserving of the call up when it happened. And he'd have been deserving of some more MLB time, even with his awful statline, if this team weren't so stacked. 
    • He has. And odds are good he struggles at first. League batting average is .239 and there are a good number of vets who are putting up awful numbers so far. JH demotion was badly needed...he just wasn't ready yet. Mayo, Kjerstad, Norby......in today's baseball these guys are going to need a commitment of playing time in order to develop them into productive MLB hitters......moreso than in the past. The gap between AAA and MLB success is wider than ever. So the thought of trying to break these guys in by splitting their time with guys like Hays, Mateo, Urias, O'Hearn seems like a miscalculation of the current day environment of MLB that you wouldn't expect from the kind of front office we have. Just my read of course....not gospel. 
    • Definitely going to need some more established pieces for Kjerstad than this. 
    • Most of these players are retired. I just don't see the big leg kick much in 2024 and I think that has to do with the increase in quality of stuff over time.
  • Popular Contributors