Munenori Kawasaki 3B

Anthony Gose CF

Josh Thole C

Ryan Goins 2B

R.A. Dickey RHP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gary Thorne on MASN saying Matusz might be left off ALDS roster if O's are playing Detroit. Interesting.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">September 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best news ever.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gary Thorne on MASN saying Matusz might be left off ALDS roster if O's are playing Detroit. Interesting.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">September 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best news ever.

Said Buck might only take 10 pitchers also. Would make for a DEEP bench.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The point I was trying to make is I don’t believe anyone here can say with any certainty that Mayo would have more immediate success than Holliday did based on watching him a few games in AAA.  Yes he has had more success in AAA with a much longer track record offensively.  When they decided to bring Holliday up I am guessing they thought overall offensively and defensively he was more ready to help.  There will be more outcry here when Austin Hayes gets back and gets plenty of starts.  As long as they keep winning I just can’t argue much with their roster decisions.  
    • D. R. is our owner now and I'm enjoying the first chapter. Quite a different novel. Who knows what the next chapters will be? My read will continue with the hope he always allows the professionals to run the organization. I'm betting he will allow for a more competative payroll. It will disappoint me if he doesn't. How that translates into extensions and/or free agents - we can only wish and hope. There are too many variables in that market for guarentees. But to be blunt, I will not judge D.R. solely on money spent because how the organization is run is more important to me. 
    • We have the advantage at SS, I think. Last 7 days Gunnar is crushing it to a .537 OPS and Abrams a paltry .530 OPS.
    • We're not going to have room for all of these guys.  We're just not.  These wet dream posts of lineups 1-9 with all homegrown talent are exactly that.   Second, you're acting like just because he's a top 100 prospect doesn't mean there's a chance that he won't make it.  I'll tip my cap to Elias and his crew, they've done a masterful job of developing talent, I can understand why people are so excited about all of our prospects but if we're going to have to trade one, I'm going to go with the one that has a lot of swing and miss in his game and isn't pegged as a great defender at either corner outfield spot.  He's also already 25 years old, barely has played at all in the majors....and some of that's not his fault, but it still is what it is. With this franchise's ability to scout, draft and develop, I am not at all worried about trading Heston Kjerstad for bullpen help in a day and age where elite bullpens are game changers.  We're going to need a stout bullpen if/when we make it to the playoffs.  It's the one spot of this team I think that we should all be able to agree that needs an upgrade. You're also neglecting to understand the fact that those relievers are under team control for awhile and have options which means there's more value to the Cleveland relievers that you're so quick to dismiss.  In your little scenario where you're talking about switching places and trading our middling relievers for someone like Kjerstad, you're acting like we'd be trying to trade Baumann and Suarez which is just intentionally obtuse on your part, you should be ashamed.  And with how Elias and his team have developed pitching and used analytics and pitch mixing,  I'm not too worried about the performance of either one coming back.  If we were the 28th ranked minor league system and Kjerstad was our only guy we had to dream on, sure, I'd agree with you.  But it's not like Dylan Beavers isn't killing it in AA, he's 2 years younger and can play a corner outfield spot in Camden Yards.   Blargh, blargh, blargh #2 overall pick blarg, blargh, blargh 
    • I'm a Mountcastle fan, but I've been advocating for a move to 1B by Basallo for months, so I'd love that lineup.  Having said that, I still have doubts about Mayo's defense at 3rd, or 1st for that matter.
    • I would hope it was a humbling experience for him. Which means some adjustments are required.
  • Popular Contributors