vs. Blue Jays 9/28 - The End is Here

weams

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C of C, what's your opinion of Lough, would have him anywhere near the starting line up in 2015?

I thought Buck should have played him more earlier in the year.

I think the strength his glove brings makes him a good value at the league minimum.

I am rather disappointed in his baserunning.

As for the starting lineup, it depends on how everything else shakes out. I would rather have him out there then a DH like Cruz.

Umm, anything less then two full season is SSS when it comes to grading defense and Flaherty is under 700 at bats for his career. He also hasn't exactly been "very solid" this season even if you are not giving additional weight to his play recently.

You can look at it this way, 2012-2013 was a bit under a season and told us one thing. 2014 has been telling us something else.

No way to know what to expect in 2015.

He's been above average at 2B every season and is a 12.5 UZR/150 fielder over 950 innings. At 3B, he's also above average with a 2.5 UZR/150 over 350 innings. Pretty substantial sample size, as opposed to the last few weeks, which many others have been solely focused on.

I think you expect above average to excellent defense at 2B and 3B, and passable as a back up SS.

He's been above average at 2B every season and is a 12.5 UZR/150 fielder over 950 innings. At 3B, he's also above average with a 2.5 UZR/150 over 350 innings. Pretty substantial sample size, as opposed to the last few weeks, which many others have been solely focused on.

I think you expect above average to excellent defense at 2B and 3B, and passable as a back up SS.

So 105 games at second and 40 games at third.

Like I said small sample size for defense.

Archived