2018 D3baseball.com All-Mid-Atlantic Region First Team
2018 NEAC Player of the Year
2018 All-NEAC First Team
2017 D3baseball.com All-Mid-Atlantic Region First Team
2017 NEAC Player of the Year
2017 All-NEAC First Team
2016 NEAC Rookie of the Year
2016 All-NEAC Second Team
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (4/22/19)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (4/01/19)

NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (4/23/18)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (4/09/18)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (3/12/18)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (4/24/17)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (3/13/17)
NEAC Baseball Player of the Week (3/07/16)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, weams said:

Well he is a 21st round pick so I'm not sure what anyone should expect other than a minor league org guy. Anything from this round on that becomes more than that is really a great find. For a kid to mash against any kind of competition the way he did, why not take a flier in the 21st round?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well he is a 21st round pick so I'm not sure what anyone should expect other than a minor league org guy. Anything from this round on that becomes more than that is really a great find. For a kid to mash against any kind of competition the way he did, why not take a flier in the 21st round?

On a quick look, since 2000 the top player drafted in the 21st round (and signed) was AJ Ramos, selected by the Marlins in 2009.   He’s been worth 6 WAR.    There’s 3-4 other guys who have been worth more than 1 WAR.

http://www.neacsports.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/releases/PSB_Toby_Welk_Selected_in_the_21st_Round_of_the_2019_MLB_Draft

Birth Date: May 2
Major: EMET
Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, archery, hockey, stickshift
Favorite Food: Venison
Favorite TV Show: Meat Eater
Favorite Movie: American Sniper
Favorite Actor: Bradley Cooper
Favorite Actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite Sports Team: Philadelphia 76ers, Phillies, the Birds
Favorite Athlete: Julia Green, Josh Donaldson
Favorite Book: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Favorite Vacation Spot: Thunderdome
Favorite Musician: Eric Clapton
Dream Job: Work designing manual transmissions
Favorite Video Game: Apex Legends
Pre-Game Meal: Chicken and rice
Pre-Game Ritual: Visualize success, eye black applier
Preferred Super Power: Graduate with a 4.0
Sheetz or Wawa: No question, Wee-wa
Chipotle or Moe’s: Welcome to Moe’s!
Hidden Talent: I can remove covers from baseballs
Sport other than your own you like to play: Hockey
Career Goal After Graduation: Start a successful career, along with a family. Eventually start an outfitter out west for guided hunts.
Fun Fact: I like to hit baseballs hard 
:)
Goal for upcoming season: Outwork everyone, and earn the respect we deserve.
Nickname: Tobiatron, Tobes, Tobasaurus, Tobechut

Edited by Cavspider
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Cavspider said:

http://www.neacsports.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/releases/PSB_Toby_Welk_Selected_in_the_21st_Round_of_the_2019_MLB_Draft

Birth Date: May 2
Major: EMET
Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, archery, hockey, stickshift
Favorite Food: Venison
Favorite TV Show: Meat Eater
Favorite Movie: American Sniper
Favorite Actor: Bradley Cooper
Favorite Actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite Sports Team: Philadelphia 76ers, Phillies, the Birds
Favorite Athlete: Julia Green, Josh Donaldson
Favorite Book: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Favorite Vacation Spot: Thunderdome
Favorite Musician: Eric Clapton
Dream Job: Work designing manual transmissions
Favorite Video Game: Apex Legends
Pre-Game Meal: Chicken and rice
Pre-Game Ritual: Visualize success, eye black applier
Preferred Super Power: Graduate with a 4.0
Sheetz or Wawa: No question, Wee-wa
Chipotle or Moe’s: Welcome to Moe’s!
Hidden Talent: I can remove covers from baseballs
Sport other than your own you like to play: Hockey
Career Goal After Graduation: Start a successful career, along with a family. Eventually start an outfitter out west for guided hunts.
Fun Fact: I like to hit baseballs hard 
:)
Goal for upcoming season: Outwork everyone, and earn the respect we deserve.
Nickname: Tobiatron, Tobes, Tobasaurus, Tobechut

Pretty surprising that a 22 year old would have a 50 year old actress as his favorite.