Hernandez and Mickolio Watch

crissfan172

Boy!! I bet we wish we had Hernandez now! Of course Showalter had his own nuggets and some of them(bullpen) turned out to be fools gold!! He seemed to find his niche and is pitching with a lot of confidence.
 W L ERA  G  SV SVO IP   H  R ER HR HB BB IBB SO  AVG WHIP GO/AO K/9  [color=red]BB/9[/color]2 1 1.93 20 0   0  18.2 15 5 4  1  0  10  1  19 .214 1.34 0.41  9.16 [color=red]4.82[/color]

The red is the only concerned, but I can live with that because so far he's had nothing but good success.

Tons of flyballs too...That will catch up to him in all likelihood.

But, pitching in the NL is sure a nice place for him..or any pitcher.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy!! I bet we wish we had Hernandez now! Of course Showalter had his own nuggets and some of them(bullpen) turned out to be fools gold!! He seemed to find his niche and is pitching with a lot of confidence.
 W L ERA  G  SV SVO IP   H  R ER HR HB BB IBB SO  AVG WHIP GO/AO K/9  [color=red]BB/9[/color]2 1 1.93 20 0   0  18.2 15 5 4  1  0  10  1  19 .214 1.34 0.41  9.16 [color=red]4.82[/color]

The red is the only concerned, but I can live with that because so far he's had nothing but good success.

Gotta give up nuggets to get nuggets. It's not anyone's fault except Reynolds's that he turned out to be fools gold.

• 2 weeks later...
Horrible night for DH...
Pitchers			IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERADaniel Hudson			 7	3	3	1	1	7	0	 3.98David Hernandez (BS,1; L,2-2)	0	4	5	5	1	0	0	 3.29

Yikes, you aren't kidding. With David it seems like he's either really good, or completely off his game. This is the 2nd outing over the past few weeks in which he wasn't able to retire a single batter while allowing 5 straight guys to reach. Not good. His walk rate is also a bit high.

Yikes, you aren't kidding. With David it seems like he's either really good, or completely off his game. This is the 2nd outing over the past few weeks in which he wasn't able to retire a single batter while allowing 5 straight guys to reach. Not good. His walk rate is also a bit high.

5 guys reach and they all score before an out can be recorded? Yuck!

Hernandez is like a lot of relievers, when he comes into a game and can't find his command right away, he can look like he never pitched before in his life, whereas when he comes in and has command you wonder how anyone ever touches his stuff. I think he'll have a good career as a setup guy, but he's not consistent enough where I'd want him to be my closer (at least not at this stage of his career). Quality guy and I miss having his dad on our board.

Hernandez is like a lot of relievers, when he comes into a game and can't find his command right away, he can look like he never pitched before in his life, whereas when he comes in and has command you wonder how anyone ever touches his stuff. I think he'll have a good career as a setup guy, but he's not consistent enough where I'd want him to be my closer (at least not at this stage of his career). Quality guy and I miss having his dad on our board.

This is so true!!!

I was really hoping we would draft Raymond.

Trading relievers for starting SS and 3B... always a better idea. Reynolds and Hardy are actually some of the best players on our team at the moment. I really enjoyed having Hernandez on the team, but I'm not about to let that sentimentality convince the trades weren't the right thing to do.

David came in with the base loaded in the 7th inning and surrended only 1 run due to a sac fly to CF, k'd Stanton and then a FO to LF. Then came in the 8th to strike out 2 and then was replaced. Nice job DH!! Also D'Back fans aren't really missing Reynolds!

Dear Mark Reynolds, I didn’t want to see ya go, but it was worth it. Good luck with that whole AL East thing.

It's not enough to just live, you gotta live for something.

by Dallas D'Back Fan on Jun 12, 2011 3:32 PM EDT reply actions 2 recs

Just one of many.

Archived