Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling if its blockbuster worthy, we are looking at Bedard to the Blue Jays, which I don't think would happen, but you never know.

Rios and some prospects to the Mets, and we get Milledge and Reyes with some minor parts thrown around to even everything out.

I think we would be giving up Liz and or Penn too, maybe towards the mets side.

Not bad.. gives the Mets room for ARod...

Here ya go SportsGuy...you love trade scenarios. Conjure up a three-way with the Mets and Blue Jays. Think blockbuster without Tejada involved.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd expect Bedard maybe headed to Toronto? Rios to the Mets? We get young Mets guys? Mets would need some pitching too I'm guessing????

Haaaaaaaaaang on!!!!!!

I have a feeling if its blockbuster worthy, we are looking at Bedard to the Blue Jays, which I don't think would happen, but you never know.

Rios and some prospects to the Mets, and we get Milledge and Reyes with some minor parts thrown around to even everything out.

I think we would be giving up Liz and or Penn too, maybe towards the mets side.

I wonder what we could get back if we traded Bedard to the Blue Jays and Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets.

We wouldn't dare trade Bedard to the Blue Jays, would we?!?!?

If we could get enough good players back, why not? Bedard may or may not repeat his success.

Rios and Milledge would be two targets I'd want. The BJ's would be basically getting only Bedard in this scenario. The key is Toronto trading for players from the Mets and then shipping them to us for Bedard...

As hard as it is to imagine...Flanagan actually planted the seeds for a deal. When the dust settles...his legacy isn't as bad as advertised. The guy isn't a dummy and worked under ALOT of restraints. Current management is nurturing this deal. I think you're gonna like it alot of it comes to fruitition.

We wouldn't dare trade Bedard to the Blue Jays, would we?!?!?

Bedard is gonna be a Blue Jay some day anyway. The smart move is to milk that situation. They are the only team (barring outrageous spending) who can sign him to an extension right now.

Here ya go SportsGuy...you love trade scenarios. Conjure up a three-way with the Mets and Blue Jays. Think blockbuster without Tejada involved.

It's a game! Oh boy!

Orioles get: David Wright, Alex Rios, Lastings Milledge, Aaron Hill and Aaron Heilman.

Mets get: Ramon Hernandez, Brian Roberts, AJ Burnett (sign A-rod for 300 billion dollars).

Blue Jays get: Erik Bedard

Am I close?

Whoa!

I could see a lot of things here:

BRob and Ramon to the Mets, Milledge to the BJs and Rios to the Orioles...This wouldn't be the whole deal..Just the primary guys.

Could see Bedard going to either team although I would be surprised if we dealt him in the division...Besides, i am not sure, beyond Rios, what the BJs could really give up for him except Travis Snider.

If Tejada isn't involved, it would have to be either of these scenarios(in terms of players the Orioles would be trading).

As hard as it is to imagine...Flanagan actually planted the seeds for a deal. When the dust settles...his legacy isn't as bad as advertised. The guy isn't a dummy and worked under ALOT of restraints. Current management is nurturing this deal. I think you're gonna like it alot of it comes to fruitition.

Ramon, Bedard and Roberts all involved?

It's a game! Oh boy!

Orioles get: David Wright, Alex Rios, Lastings Milledge, Aaron Hill and Aaron Heilman.

Mets get: Ramon Hernandez, Brian Roberts, AJ Burnett (sign A-rod for 300 billion dollars).

Blue Jays get: Erik Bedard

Am I close?

Heh, I can't imagine why the Mets would ever do that deal... I don't think they would trade Wright or Reyes even if it were a more even trade.

Archived