Why Does No One BOO?

JDBirds10

I went to my first game yesterday in a few years. What I saw was a team that looked like they were playing with ZERO heart. They looked like they didn't even want to be out there.

I started to BOO when hitters would swing at terrible 2-0 pitches. Everyone else looked at me like I was crazy... It looked like all the players cared about was themselves.

It's about time these players started to feel accountable for there suckiness. BOO!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to my first game yesterday in a few years. What I saw was a team that looked like they were playing with ZERO heart. They looked like they didn't even want to be out there.

I started to BOO when hitters would swing at terrible 2-0 pitches. Everyone else looked at me like I was crazy... It looked like all the players cared about was themselves.

It's about time these players started to feel accountable for there suckiness. BOO!

I wish we had more fans like you. I'm not saying we need to turn into Philadelphia, but at some point, when the team has been tanking it for 14 yearsish, certainly, fans should start to make clear that they expect more during games like that. Booing is one way to do that.

Having said that, I don't think fans really have the responsibility to boo. One of the nice things about being a sports fan is that it's a fun thing, not a responsibility thing. It'd be nice if the atmosphere started to change a little bit at Camden Yards, though. One way to generate some accountability on the part of the organization is making it audibly clear that we're not going to take it.

When we first moved to Camden Yards, the lack of passion on the part of fans in the stands was attributed to the DC corporate crowd. Well, DC has it's own baseball team now, and I've heard some boos watching the Washington hockey team (Which was very good until the second round of the playoffs) on television during rough games this year. I hear passion pro and con at Ravens games. So, what's the deal? What makes the crowds at Orioles games in particular so apathetic? From all accounts, the crowds were pretty passionate back in the Memorial Stadium days. What happened?

I wish we had more fans like you. I'm not saying we need to turn into Philadelphia, but at some point, when the team has been tanking it for 14 yearsish, certainly, fans should start to make clear that they expect more during games like that. Booing is one way to do that.

Having said that, I don't think fans really have the responsibility to boo. One of the nice things about being a sports fan is that it's a fun thing, not a responsibility thing. It'd be nice if the atmosphere started to change a little bit at Camden Yards, though. One way to generate some accountability on the part of the organization is making it audibly clear that we're not going to take it.

When we first moved to Camden Yards, the lack of passion on the part of fans in the stands was attributed to the DC corporate crowd. Well, DC has it's own baseball team now, and I've heard some boos watching the Washington hockey team (Which was very good until the second round of the playoffs) during rough games this year. I hear passion pro and con at Ravens games. So, what's the deal? What makes the crowds at Orioles game in particular so apathetic?

I think the general absence of sound, from the general absence of fans, is part of it. That's how people are making clear their expectations.

That's Baltimore fans...take a look a this board... You point out the teams deficiencies and the apologists come out in droves. Everybody saw what the teams problems were very early on but when it's brought up here, all you hear is "small sample size" and "revert back to career averages" Boston, NY, Philly...would never accept the crap thats given to us disguised as a MLB team. Baltimore fans accept it because of a severe inferiority complex. Its like the girl who always hooks up with the abusive man, cause she thinks she can't do any better. I'm from Baltimore, but lived in NY and now in Philly. Not once have I seen Buck, McFail, or any of the players questioned about their ineptitude. Happens all the time in cities that care. Never here!

That's Baltimore fans...take a look a this board... You point out the teams deficiencies and the apologists come out in droves. Everybody saw what the teams problems were very early on but when it's brought up here, all you hear is "small sample size" and "revert back to career averages" Boston, NY, Philly...would never accept the crap thats given to us disguised as a MLB team. Baltimore fans accept it because of a severe inferiority complex. Its like the girl who always hooks up with the abusive man, cause she thinks she can't do any better. I'm from Baltimore, but lived in NY and now in Philly. Not once have I seen Buck, McFail, or any of the players questioned about their ineptitude. Happens all the time in cities that care. Never here!

1) So you don't think that fans not attending games means anything?

2) So you think you can break the board rules?

Let's show the team how dissatisfied we are by buying tickets to boo them. Yes of course, a sensible solution.

I agree, but you need more cowbell with the booing. Augment the booing with a steady beat of cowbell, and there is no question in my mind that we´ll start winning more games.

Seven left

When we first moved to Camden Yards, the lack of passion on the part of fans in the stands was attributed to the DC corporate crowd. Well, DC has it's own baseball team now, and I've heard some boos watching the Washington hockey team (Which was very good until the second round of the playoffs) on television during rough games this year. I hear passion pro and con at Ravens games. So, what's the deal? What makes the crowds at Orioles games in particular so apathetic? From all accounts, the crowds were pretty passionate back in the Memorial Stadium days. What happened?

We are a beaten fan base. I havent been to a game in 5 years, and probable have been to only 2 games in the past 10 years. It is very hard to support losers as a whole.

I am sure that the majority of posters on here are somewhat die hard fans, but i guess, at least for me, they have beaten me into submission to the point where i NEVER expect them to win.

I would bet at this point the majority of Baltimoreans are totally apathetic towards this team. The only thing that will change this is several years of winning or a change in ownership (to Cal)

I think the vast majority of fans who attend the game no longer are even expecting a victory. It's just a family outing or a chance to drink beer among the guys. If the O's win....that's great! But, if they lose..oh well, the Orioles rarely win. Yankee or Philly fans expect a winning team and if the club goes into a funk, they voice their opinions.

I think the vast majority of fans who attend the game no longer are even expecting a victory. It's just a family outing or a chance to drink beer among the guys. If the O's win....that's great! But' date=' if they lose..oh well, the Orioles rarely win. Yankee or Philly fans expect a winning team and if the club goes into a funk, they voice their opinions.[/quote']

And if the Orioles won for a couple years than started to struggle again, that's what you would hear here.

Archived