Why Does No One BOO?

JDBirds10

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even with the team doing poorly, it's hard for me to say the front office is slacking. This offseason had a ton of promise to it. The Reynolds trade seemed legit. Signing Lee appeared to be a great low risk high reward candidate. Vlad pretty much fell in our laps. Along with these decent (not great) acquisitions we had players already that have proven to be good and sometimes great players and alot of players with an extreme upside.

What happened is a complete slump of all of the above.

Not only are the newly added players playing below expectations, so are the Orioles of years past. We have had significant injuries.

I remember thinking this will be a great team if all goes right and an absolutely terrible team if all goes wrong. Well, I expected somewhere in the middle and I was wrong. We're definitely leaning to one side of that spectrum, can you guess which it is?

The offense also seems a bit unbalanced, doesn't it, though? There was not much base stealing speed in the original plans except for 33 yr old Roberts, and theres an awful lot of strikeouts in the lineup as well as a lack of walks, and not just from Guerrero.

I guess the hope was a Detroit Tigers type of team with lots of power pushing runs across. . That doesn't seem to be working out so far, and in retrospect looks like a management misjudgement. Or maybe they didnt have many other alternatives at the time.

I went to my first game yesterday in a few years. What I saw was a team that looked like they were playing with ZERO heart. They looked like they didn't even want to be out there.

I started to BOO when hitters would swing at terrible 2-0 pitches. Everyone else looked at me like I was crazy... It looked like all the players cared about was themselves.

It's about time these players started to feel accountable for there suckiness. BOO!

Several times at that game I waited for things to quiet down and yelled "We deserve better!" from my seat in Section 20. As a fan, I believe we do deserve better and I want to put the idea in the heads of other fans as well as the players. All but one time I yelled it at least one player looked up. I'm not self-important or deluded enough to think Derrek Lee and Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis heard me and thought, "Hey, you know, that guy's right. Good point, Anonymous Guy in Section 20! You DO deserve better!" At the same time, there were a few Tampa Bay fans and even a couple of Phillies fans (WTF?!?!) seated around me. I felt like them hearing it might help we O's fans retain some dignity. Hopefully THEY heard me and thought, "Well, at least O's fans aren't taking it lying down."

Whether booing or making vocal demands or whatever...if any of us knew what would work, what would cause change, I'm sure we'd all do it.

We do boo..only it's against teams like the Red Sox and Yankees, T-Jerk in particular who was NEVER going to come here. $$$ or not, he wanted a ring and we have done NOTHING in the last decade to ensure any player that sticks around here will see one.

Jeering the Orioles is akin to telling a mentally-challenged person that they're retarded.

Making a comment like this is akin to stepping into a busy intersection and expecting traffic to stop.

What the hell does this nonsense mean?

Jeering the Orioles is akin to telling a mentally-challenged person that they're retarded.

This is the stupidest -- and perhaps most offensive -- comment I have ever seen made on this board. You may want to sit these next few plays out.

I am more likely to boo myself for buying into the idea that the team might be more competitive this year, wasting time watching it and even spending time at O's Hangout to read the why of it all. Of course the sad thing is, I'll continue to do the same thing over, like Buck, and expect different results.

I doubt (OK hope) this team isn't as bad as it seems. But, maybe it is..it is very one demensional and pretty boring to watch. Can't run, can't hit and about 50% of the pitchers are suspect. This team rarely puts pressure on the other team and most importantly, there is no cavalry. So, boo to myself for continuing to watch.

This is the stupidest -- and perhaps most offensive -- comment I have ever seen made on this board. You may want to sit these next few plays out.

Agreed on sitting out for a while, but not the most offensive comment I've seen around here. I've been guilty of far worse myself, sadly enough. I boo from home, not at the park. Unless it's Teixiera, then all bets are off. Why boo the good guys at the park?

But I get his point. I was telling Moose today, I'm just about at "don't give a crap" mode already. With full expectations that at some point in the next few weeks, they'll pull their heads out of their asses.

Same here. I didn't really watch any of the Tampa series. I know they're going to lose, b/c they already know when they step out there. Same old losers.

I think the vast majority of fans who attend the game no longer are even expecting a victory. It's just a family outing or a chance to drink beer among the guys. If the O's win....that's great! But' date=' if they lose..oh well, the Orioles rarely win. Yankee or Philly fans expect a winning team and if the club goes into a funk, they voice their opinions.[/quote']

Going to O's games is like playing the lottery. You don't win that often...but you never know, sometimes you get one and it's great! But you can't get upset when they lose, you know going in that you are going to lose most ofthe time. All I ask is that they try and stay within 10 games of .500...but that doesn't happan too oftet either.

Archived