Nick Playing First Base Tonight

Nick The Stick

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy the maybe he's hurt argument. If that were the case, he wouldn't be in the line-up or would be DHing. Buck may be concerned about him thinking too much at the plate and is trying to put his mind on something else? Otherwise, he figures the fans have watched several bad games in a row and decided to give the fans something interesting in case it's 6 straight losses.

Why would you DH Scott, who has experience over at first and has shown he can be decent over there, yet you put the guy with no experience over there?

Maybe Scott's shoulder is even worse then he's letting on? If he can't play the field at all, Guerrero better dust off his mitt.

Maybe Scott's shoulder is even worse then he's letting on? If he can't play the field at all, Guerrero better dust off his mitt.

Then why would you DFA Fox? Why not at least wait to do that until Lee is back?

None of this makes any sense.

Yea, even if Nick is hurt, why not give him the day off(and have the day off tomorrow as well) or just DH him?

I will never understand the Nick Markakis must play every game philosophy. Like anyone else, he could use a day off once in awhile. We're not talking Pujols here.

I will never understand the Nick Markakis must play every game philosophy. Like anyone else, he could use a day off once in awhile. We're not talking Pujols here.

I have always said that Nick should have 1 day off a month and 1 day DHing.

That would be 6 games off entirely and 6 games at DH.

That should be plenty of rest for him.

Archived