Nick Playing First Base Tonight

Nick The Stick

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't even remotely help the defense though.

You have Reimold in the OF, Pie in the position that he has played the least and Nick goes somewhere he hasn't played since HS.

How does this help the team at all?

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if Nick is decent over there but that doesn't make this a smart move.

From Britt:

I feel lots better now that I know he is going to have some instruction before game time. They are clearly not just throwing him out there what with Randolph and Kirby both assisting.

Is this sarcasm. You should emphasize the AND.;)

Great managers are not afraid to make extremely unconventional moves, and Buck Showalter is a great manager.

Lou Piniella once played Don Mattingly at 3rd base for 3 games ........ and Mattingly is left-handed.

Hmmm, a bit curious. Someone is hurt more than they're letting on.

Why not Pie to LF, Reimold to RF (where he started...), and Scott to 1B?

Maybe because they want Reimold's bat in the lineup (e.g., LF) for a long time and view Pie as a 4th OF?

There is a difference between unconvential and stupid.

I love it when people call other people stupid and spell words wrong while doing so. Yeah, it's the internet, but it makes me chuckle.

Maybe because they want Reimold's bat in the lineup (e.g., LF) for a long time and view Pie as a 4th OF?

I love it when people call other people stupid and spell words wrong while doing so. Yeah, it's the internet, but it makes me chuckle.

Ya know, I knew that didn't look right when I typed it! LOL

Thanks for catching it and I agree with what you said.

It is probably 1 game or .6% of the season. It maybe takes the focus off of the losing streak and provides a teamwide distraction which isn't a bad thing right now.

My guess is it has nothing to do with sending a message, it probably has nothing to do with a position change for Markakis.

It more likely has something to do with Scott being hurt more than we thought and having him at DH vs Vlad against a RHP.

Archived