Do you think Peter Angelos Owes the Fans Answers?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it doesn't and until that is changed and he is forced to do things different, he will not answer to anyone. The local resturant could have gotten reduced taxes, he could have gotten a build out by the landlord. Does that mean he needs to explain how he is making his chicken parm to the landlord, of course not. That local resturant owner made his deal, just as PA did. It is too late now.

The health department can shut down the local restaurant.

After 14 horrendous years under his regime, yeah I'd say he owes us some answers. Blame the GM's and managers all you want, but there has been 1 constant in all of this over the years and we all know who it is.

Peter Angelos "owes" us nothing - he's not an elected official.

If you don't like the way he runs an organization (and who does) then vote with your dollars. For me, I've decided to not go to any games or renew my tickets. Is it a big deal - nope. But it does make me feel better.

Exactly. There's no social contract between sports owners and fans. He doesn't owe any fans anything.

I think the on-field results and problems throughout the organization provide all the answers we need. It's not getting better until ownership changes. It's a shame too, Baltimore would support a decent baseball team in a heartbeat. You should've seen all the pallets of Matusz bobbleheads they had to cart back into the warehouse last night.

I don't know whether or not Peter Angelos is indebted to Oriole fans at large, but he certainly doesn't owe me anything. Free seasons tickets in 2009, a free year of MLB.COM that same seasons for games that I could not make it to OPACY, free Opening Day tickets this season, plus 4 box seats and going on the field for batting practice to meet some of the players for an additional game, gift bags galore and free Noah's Pretzels for the numerous times that I was chosen as "Fan of the Game." If someone had told me when I was a little kid up here in Brewster, NY that I would get all of that, I would have asked them if they had arranged a deal for me with Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island.

No, but I'd like to hear him talk about who is responsible for the decade plus of embarrassment, how much money he has pocketed, and how he feels about taxpayers funding his stadium so he can pocket said money, and not even compete.

Are all baseball owners as standoff-ish with the fans as Angelos is? I know football owners are connected with their fans... This is just a general question.

Hmmm. I can't think on many owners that are super connected in baseball, but baseball is also more of a local game, so I might just not hear about it. They won't let Cuban buy in, so they might frown on that sort of behavior (but not the Steinbrenners?).

Archived