Felix Pie DFA'd!!!!!!!!!!!

AJismyhero

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember when it was a common opinion that Pie might be better than Jones?

It was right about the time when it looked like Bell for Sherrill was going to be a great trade. DFAing Pie is long overdue and the happiness is understandable, but looked at differently, it's just another example of how opportunity almost never seems to break the right way for the Orioles.

I am sorry this didn't work out. In the second half of 2009, and even in spurts in 2010, Pie flashed some real potential. But I agree with this move. Pie isn't going to be a "nugget" and maybe Angle can be, despite his Fahey-like physique and ISO.

I'm really sad to be honest. I was a huge Pie fan, and I still feel like he has the tools to be a good 4th OF for someone else. I hope he stays with our team, because he is a heck of a nice guy from a fan stand point, and I'm holding out hope that maybe he will secure a steady MLB job somewhere. This organization didn't give him a real chance in my opinion.

Ill still rock the Pie jersey with memories of better times. I know it needed to happen, but damn hes just the only guy with flash, passion, and character on this team. I hope to hell he makes it down he to Norfolk and flourishes with regular at bats and more experience.

Yep, my sediments exactly. I'm still going to wear my jersey to the games the rest of this year. I wonder, is there anyway that a new name can be put on a jersey, without it looking really crappy?

I admit that I'm not shocked, esp. after how he played on Sunday. At this point, he can no longer be trusted, even to come off the bench in late innings. This was a good decision by the O's.

I wish him the best wherever he lands.

Archived