John Heyman : Hearing John Hart as a possibility for GM

jamesenoch

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Hart is no more deserving of another GM job than you could argue Andy MacPhail was when he got the Orioles post. If the Orioles take this trajectory, which I don't doubt they will, we will be even worse off as an organization. The wins and losses might improve, TEMPORARILY, but we will be worse off. Bank on it.

John Hart is no more deserving of another GM job than you could argue Andy MacPhail was when he got the Orioles post. If the Orioles take this trajectory, which I don't doubt they will, we will be even worse off as an organization. The wins and losses might improve, TEMPORARILY, but we will be worse off. Bank on it.

Well I mean, he did start the foundation for what is now TEX. Hired Daniels, and has overseen and consulted through the process. But if I'm bringing someone in from TEX, it's Levine.

Suppose Hart were to bring Levine with him?

Depends on the roles. If Hart stayed in the executive role like he's in now I think it makes perfect sense. I posted that a couple weeks ago somewhere. No way Daniels leaves, but I could see Hart becoming President of Operations and then Levine being brought in to be GM, and him bringing Kip F. with him to be his assistant. That way you give the inexperienced Levine a guy in the FO he's comfortable with and he could go to for advice and assistance. Hopefully Levine would get to run things his way if Angelos trusts in the veteran leadership of Hart and Buck so he wouldn't want to micromanage so much.

Archived