Phillies asked for & received permission to interview Jordan (Jordan reportedly accepts position)

Greg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will just say I wish Mr. Jordan well if he is picked up by the Phillies. There is no mistake I've been a harsh critic of him but I wish him no malice. Sometimes a change is good for both parties. To say I am looking forward to a big shakeup in player development is an understatement.

What position is he interviewing for with the Phillies?

"Director of Player Development" is what was reported, but that position title does not exist in the organization. He'd be interviewing for "Assistant GM, Player Development/Scouting".

So he is not good enough to be our scouting director because he signed Hobgood, but the Philies think he is good enough to be Asst. GM/ Player development. We could use some help in those departments.

Some people don't really want to shuffle the deck chairs on our Titanic.

Jordan didn't just miss the Hobgood pick, he drafted a lot of low upside pitchers, unrefined athletes and low OBP guys. I actually like the man from what I've heard. He seems like a great guy and I acknowledge that I just cannot know and understand the pressures on him and limitations on his staff.

The Narron pick makes me 1) wonder how good his staff is and 2) wonder how he cannot have personal knowledge of the skills of one of our main overslot guys. Coffey is another one that doesn't really make sense to me. I'd rather go overslot in the early rounds when the best overslot guys are still there. Instead we seem to spread a lot of our draft budget out on very low probability guys who don't have the right type of profile for modern baseball.

Some people don't really want to shuffle the deck chairs on our Titanic.

Jordan didn't just miss the Hobgood pick, he drafted a lot of low upside pitchers, unrefined athletes and low OBP guys. I actually like the man from what I've heard. He seems like a great guy and I acknowledge that I just cannot know and understand the pressures on him and limitations on his staff.

The Narron pick makes me 1) wonder how good his staff is and 2) wonder how he cannot have personal knowledge of the skills of one of our main overslot guys. Coffey is another one that doesn't really make sense to me. I'd rather go overslot in the early rounds when the best overslot guys are still there. Instead we seem to spread a lot of our draft budget out on very low probability guys who don't have the right type of profile for modern baseball.

Makes one wonder how an organization as successful as the Phillies can be so mistaken in their judment over a GM/Player development candidate. Don't they have interns scanning the OH/?

Makes one wonder how an organization as successful as the Phillies can be so mistaken in their judment over a GM/Player development candidate. Don't they have interns scanning the OH/?

Is Shack getting you to post this stuff which puts the entire board into one thought?

The Phillies have a different draft philosophy of going for high upside players. Perhaps they want someone to counterbalance that thought process? Maybe they respect his talent, which might have shortcomings. Just because he was "unsuccessful" here and sought after by the Phillies does not invalidate either the opinion of O's fans nor the credibility of the Phillies front office.

Is Shack getting you to post this stuff which puts the entire board into one thought?

The Phillies have a different draft philosophy of going for high upside players. Perhaps they want someone to counterbalance that thought process? Maybe they respect his talent, which might have shortcomings. Just because he was "unsuccessful" here and sought after by the Phillies does not invalidate either the opinion of O's fans nor the credibility of the Phillies front office.

Yeah sure. That's it. Or maybe the guy is a solid baseball professional, like many others who have failed to succeed in Baltimore, for obvious reasons, but people need to find a scapegoat.

Do I smell condescending ***hole or is it someone trying to pick a fight.

I didn't know dwarves could also be trolls.

Anywho...Good luck to Jordan, he had his ups and downs. Maybe this is the beginning of cleaning house...right ;)

Anywho...Good luck to Jordan, he had his ups and downs. Maybe this is the beginning of cleaning house...right ;)

Yeah, but we want to do the cleaning. Not have it done for us...

In matters of olfactory perception, what is it they say about the Fox and auto olfaction of the nether aperture?

Yeah sure. That's it. Or maybe the guy is a solid baseball professional, like many others who have failed to succeed in Baltimore, for obvious reasons, but people need to find a scapegoat.

Some Chicago fans had a huge issue with how Ozzie Guillen handled himself as manager. Are their complaints invalidated because Florida not only wanted him, but gave up assets to get him?

Mr. Jordan SHOULD have a lot of opportunities available to him. He has experience at the highest level in amateur scouting, he is respected in the scouting community, and he had to deal with bonus restrictions and limited staff in Baltimore.

At the same time, Philly interviewing him doesn't mean poster X and poster Y are wrong to question his Hobgood pick, for example. It's also hilarious that you decided to get on your high horse without even knowing for what position he was interviewing. Motives pretty clear, and not surprising, here....

Archived