Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess it's officially official now. So, it will be a combination of these two versions:

77patch-8.jpg

I'm glad that they are creating a new version of the bird, rather than using a bird from the past that isn't exactly right, like they do with the Cooperstown/Turn Back The Clock "replicas".

Next to acquiring a top notch pitcher and Prince Fielder, this is the next best news Ive heard. The Orioles have NEVER won a WS or an AL title without the cartoon bird. And the O's hat is lame and

symbolic of how many winning seasons the Orioles have had snce 1997.

I can't wait to see the new version of the cartoon bird, but you might be just a little disappointed with the logo.

I liked that too. But I also like this on. If the can't fit the whole body to a hat they should at least use his head. Best expression IMO:

bird.gif .

Funny you bring that up. I recently created a mockup with that head:

oriolescooperstown-1-1.jpg

I sent it to my information "source", to see if it was close to the new logo, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

I can't wait to see this new logo!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• How many times has an Oriole rookie tried to establish himself while also dealing with being Mooooore than just a rookie. I think Cowser will be fine and I hope patience prevails. Stats aside, I see something. I mean in all his struggles - ups and downs - that "fun" personality prevails. Gotta root for that - right? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    • He definitely overthrows at times.  To lefties, it’s normally the high and outside overthrow and to righties it’s normally the non competitive high fastball. But overall, he’s really pitching at a high level.    Part of the reason offense is down is because of arms like Rodriguez.  
    • Didn’t see or hear that listed here but that frees open a spot and puts us back at 39.  I wonder if this pre curser to move or not.  They still have Wells spot open as well if they want to use that spot.  
    • The Ian Happ comments are misguided as teams have their own non public defensive metrics. Re Cowser — where have you noticed any reluctance to dive?  There was play the other day (IIRC vs TBR or TBJ?) where he dove and laid out for a ball at LF line that he just missed getting to which would have ended the game.  
    • That's nice but it's a "straw man"argument if I ever saw one.  I'd wager Pete Gray would grade as elite on OAA/DRS but the fact was he only had one arm..... There is no measure other than the "eye test" for accuracy and frankly IMO he's been poor.  He has a strong arm but his last two throws to the plate from short LF and CF (I think) missed by 30 feet on either side of the plate!!  Getting to the ball is important but if you can't hit a cut-his throws tend to sail-how many times have we seen Mateo/Gunnar have to reach for throws then reset....  We saw the other night against Toronto guys are going to run (even slow, chubby ones) against Cowser until he shows enough accuracy to shut them down-and until he does he will continue to give up advances at a rate that erodes the benefit of his coverage skills.   IMO the critical components of an "elite" or plus OF are anticipation, coverage, arm strength, and accuracy.  He's plus on three and hopefully the accuracy will improve as the game slows for him.   
    • Had to check to see if this was the Bradish thread for a sec. 
  • Popular Contributors