• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is what was NOT said that would have made this really good:

"I have full authority to do what I want"

Because that wasn't said, you have to be skeptical and worried.

Rob Long asked him that type of question and he danced around it...It is my belief that it will be same old same old....So I'd rather see them dive in head first to free agency....Problem is he has already bought the small market bag of goods Angelos was obviously selling ... I think he used the word small market 4 or 5 times.

Our New EVP said he would not sign Albert or Prince or The Straight Edge Racer. He also said he would trade prospects for useful proven pieces. He Mentioned three Orioles Wieters, Hardy and Jones. I think that would mean that Nick, Guthrie, and Jim Johnson would be available in the right deal.

As much as I'd hate to see it happen, I think that Nick would be a good fit in a place like Atlanta. He's from that area and has absolutely crushed the ball when we've played in Atlanta.

We would probably need to give them some cash, but I think our chance of acquiring one of their stud pitching prospects would require Nick.

As much as I'd hate to see it happen, I think that Nick would be a good fit in a place like Atlanta. He's from that area and has absolutely crushed the ball when we've played in Atlanta.

We would probably need to give them some cash, but I think our chance of acquiring one of their stud pitching prospects would require Nick.

Nick's contract will prevent us from getting a young stud back. Though he still has value. Markakis for Jurjjens might be the best Atlanta would do, unless we eat alot of salary.

Nick's contract will prevent us from getting a young stud back. Though he still has value. Markakis for Jurjjens might be the best Atlanta would do, unless we eat alot of salary.

If we sent some money with him, we might. I might go for one of their big 3 and Prado for Nick.

If we sent some money with him, we might. I might go for one of their big 3 and Prado for Nick.

Yeah, but would Peter trade Nick, and if so, eat any money to do so? Though, I agree with you. I would make that trade. I like Nick, but his contract is looking worse and worse each year now.

Problem is he has already bought the small market bag of goods Angelos was obviously selling ... I think he used the word small market 4 or 5 times.

Was he saying Baltimore was a small market team or talking about Montreal? O's should be labelled small budget, not market; it's been a few years but they were among the leaders in attendance the first 9 years that Camden Yards was open. Duquette better have strong lungs because getting money from Angelos is going to be like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.

He mentioned Earl Weaver alot. He made a comment that Earl Weavers book was required reading throughout the organization. Did he mean that he mandated that when he was with Boston, or that he was going to impliment it with the Orioles, or both?

I assumed both when I heard it.

Our New EVP said he would not sign Albert or Prince or The Straight Edge Racer. He also said he would trade prospects for useful proven pieces. He Mentioned three Orioles Wieters, Hardy and Jones. I think that would mean that Nick, Guthrie, and Jim Johnson would be available in the right deal.

I think you are reading a bit too much into that statement.

Archived