What would the Hangout be like if the Orioles were good, for once?

Frobby

Frobby check out the ravens threads. You would have people saying, "If Buck stops winning then he will lose the club house." You would have people complaining if in game management scratches the wrong side of their cup in the second inning. You will still have the, "why did he pull my favorite starter out too soon." You will still have the rest Matt Wieters more crowd. You will have people always wanting more wins/play off victories and people telling you how they should do it.

I do think you would have a bigger crowd of Orioles fans posting positively about the O's though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just daydreaming here. Let's say the O's were a pretty good team in 2012, and won 85 games or so. What would this place be like? Would people still complain just as much? Would remarks by the GM, manager and players get the same level of scrutiny they get now? Would the same posters be on the same sides of the issues?

Frobby, if you really want to know this, go back and read the threads from June 2005 up to the 19th or so. We were 14 games above .500 on June the 19th. My guess is you will find a lot of euphoria, a bunch of doubters (they were right), some complaining but a lot less than we see now. Mazzilli was a genius to most in early June 2005. Me, I was enjoying the cruise on the good ship Loolipop, little realizing we were about to strike a reef and be cast adrift in a lifeboat. I am still waiting to be rescued.

Yeah but he moved across the country IIRC. Different ISP = different IP address.

See, I am completely out of the Loop. I did, however, spend much of my time as a kid in Memorial Stadium. I touch the foul pole evey time I walk into Camden Yards.

What does it say about you guys that you make it such an issue that a past poster has a new handle?

I'm not MSK, but I find this borderline wacky.

Are you this guy's biographer?

It's A ban-able offense. Not my rules. The Boss Man's. I happen to fully support them.

What does it say about you guys that you make it such an issue that a past poster has a new handle?

I'm not MSK, but I find this borderline wacky.

Are you this guy's biographer?

Most people who have gotten banned have eventually been welcomed back after some time and thought. No so much with people who try to evable the plus premium.

Just daydreaming here. Let's say the O's were a pretty good team in 2012, and won 85 games or so. What would this place be like? Would people still complain just as much? Would remarks by the GM, manager and players get the same level of scrutiny they get now? Would the same posters be on the same sides of the issues?

Look at the Ravens threads for your answer to this question. Harbaugh and Flacco have made the playoffs every year here, have won a bunch of road playoff games, have a 67% winning percentage, and currently sit at 7-3 and leading the AFC North again, and YET people still criticize and over-analyze and act like we stink.

So in other words, there would still be complaining, it would just be different complaining.

Look at the Ravens threads for your answer to this question. Harbaugh and Flacco have made the playoffs every year here, have won a bunch of road playoff games, have a 67% winning percentage, and currently sit at 7-3 and leading the AFC North again, and YET people still criticize and over-analyze and act like we stink.

So in other words, there would still be complaining, it would just be different complaining.

What he said. I'm always amazed how people can be so consistently negative about a team as successful as the Ravens...or really, any winning team. A fan base will always find something to complain about, no matter how good the team.

What he said. I'm always amazed how people can be so consistently negative about a team as successful as the Ravens...or really, any winning team. A fan base will always find something to complain about, no matter how good the team.

It's why people love professional sports. People loooooooooove to second guess & complain.

Archived