It finally happened...

Birds of B'more

Spence would be a huge get. I thought we had a real good shot at him, but Urban Meyer's new presence at OSU makes me a lot less confident.

If they could somehow land him though, you'd add him to a defensive front 7 that I believe has everyone except obviously Mackall returning. That unit was awful for most of the year but seemed to be coming together towards the end. That could suddenly turn from a major weakness to a strength.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reading a couple other Tweets, I may have misinterpreted what Barker is saying. The contracts they signed when hired last year might be the ones that run through 2013, rather than them having just been extended. I'm not sure though, that's just how I read Barker's Tweet.

EDIT: Follow-up Tweets confirm, assistants were signed to 3-year deals last year. 3-years is normal for coordinators, but not position coaches. That'll be a lot of cheddar to fork over if any are let go right now.

Here's another good one...

@D1scourse

Patrick Stevens

Even w/o Crowton's non-base extras (Radio/TV, fundraising, appearances, apparel), Terp assistant guaranteed pay up 19.5 percent over 2010.

So Crowton is getting paid for Radio/TV, despite the fact that the Head Coach doesn't allow anyone on his staff to speak to the media. I don't think I could make this stuff up if I tried.

Here's another good one...

@D1scourse

Patrick Stevens

Even w/o Crowton's non-base extras (Radio/TV' date=' fundraising, appearances, apparel), Terp assistant guaranteed pay up 19.5 percent over 2010.

So Crowton is getting paid for Radio/TV, despite the fact that the Head Coach doesn't allow anyone on his staff to speak to the media. I don't think I could make this stuff up if I tried.[/quote']

If that is true than someone in the Athletic Department should be fired immediately.

My goodness. Anderson is in over his head even more than Edsall is. Anderson has to go with Edsall if not before. Like Miller said, this dude can't be in charge of any more hires here. Let alone a hire for the football or basketball teams.

Since Edsall's the one who will not allow his staff perform a function they are being paid for' date=' I vote for him.[/quote']

I vote for Anderson, since he made the contracts.

I'm really starting to wonder if Leach actually turned down the job outright instead of not being approved by the regents, so Anderson gave up anything he could to get Edsall to jump.

I can tell you from what I've heard that there is a good percentage of the football team that does not like Edsall. FWIW.

Again though, there is a major difference between not liking a coach and not being willing to play for him. I really could not care less if the players like the coach - some coaches work better that way, and some don't.

Right now I think Dill is the only "surprise" thus far. Adams leaving is a dissappointment, but it's tough to blame him. From what I've read elsewhere Mackall never really wanted to be here in the first place. The other guys transferring down to get more PT happens every year, though Till leaving will definitely hurt from a depth standpoint.

But Dill, while he was by no means a star, was an experienced piece on an O-line that actually was playing better by the end of the year, IMO.

Archived