What's the most you would trade for Tex?

mweb

I don't see any chance of the Angels and Rangers trading that kind of talent within their division.

Bonderman for Tex is a deal i could see being offered.

I wouldn't say there's no chance of that happening in division. We were working on a major trade with Boston last offseason. I don't think the in division thing is as prominent as it used to be.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't say there's no chance of that happening in division. We were working on a major trade with Boston last offseason. I don't think the in division thing is as prominent as it used to be.

When was the last time a major trade, that involved alot of top young players, occured within a division?

When was the last time a major trade, that involved alot of top young players, occured within a division?

I'm not sure, would have to think about it, but I don't think it's impossible.

If you wanted to trade Miggy or Bedard, and the best offer came from within division, are you saying you wouldn't make that deal?

Carlos Delgado from the Marlins to the Mets?

Good one although the circumstances of the trade, basically being a salary dump and the 2 teams on different levels in terms of competing, made that a more likely scenario for a trade to be facilitated.

MWEB...I do not think it is impossible but it is highly unlikely that it would happen.

I just don't see Texas letting Tex go to a division rival and i don't see the Angels letting Santana, et al go to Texas.

However, i would say that they are obvious trading partners but i still doubt it happens. I would say the chances are less than 10%.

Thanks, but SG makes a good point. Marlins & Mets weren't really competitors. I think even the Marlins thought they'd be a bad team this year. The dynamics might be different between Texas and LAA.

Plus the Mets, who can spend well over 100 million, will view prospects/top players alot differently than the Angels and Rangers would.

Thanks, but SG makes a good point. Marlins & Mets weren't really competitors. I think even the Marlins thought they'd be a bad team this year. The dynamics might be different between Texas and LAA.

But the Mets were trading top young players to the Marlins who could help the developing Marlins. And it would be stupid of the Mets to count out the Marlins for more than a year with their history of turning things around. Plus, the Marlins have to have some aspirations over the next few years.

Anyway, what's the best offer you'd make SG? The 5 for 1 trade?

That is one offer i would make.

I would trade DCab or Penn, along with one of CPat, Gibbons and Benson and one of Hoey or Britton. If they would take Gibbons, would be inclined to throw in another arm like Spoone.

I honestly could make up dozens of trade offers.

As much as it would suck to do it, i would have to turn down Penn and DCab. I can't put 2 of those type guys in the deal.

One guy that hasn't been mentioned is Erbe.

Erbe and Rowell are, IMO, our 2 best prospects and likely, 2 top 50 guys in all of baseball. Erbe, at his age, is at least 2 years away and still has a while to go to get out of the injury age.

So, should we try and trade him or is his upside just too huge?

That is one offer i would make.

I would trade DCab or Penn, along with one of CPat, Gibbons and Benson and one of Hoey or Britton. If they would take Gibbons, would be inclined to throw in another arm like Spoone.

I honestly could make up dozens of trade offers.

As much as it would suck to do it, i would have to turn down Penn and DCab. I can't put 2 of those type guys in the deal.

One guy that hasn't been mentioned is Erbe.

Erbe and Rowell are, IMO, our 2 best prospects and likely, 2 top 50 guys in all of baseball. Erbe, at his age, is at least 2 years away and still has a while to go to get out of the injury age.

So, should we try and trade him or is his upside just too huge?

Well I think you need to go to one of the other dozens of offers you have in mind. I don't see that getting it done.

I would prefer to keep Erbe. And again, I'm not even that high on trading much for Tex, so that plays into it as well.

IYO, if you are Texas, can a deal be made without inlcuding the guys SG listed?

Second question. Regardless of your answer to #1, what do you want, excluding Tejada & Bedard?

No. They'll need more than iffy prospects and average MLers.

If Bedard is off the table, I like Cabrera + Ray, with CPat as a potential sweetener.

No. They'll need more than iffy prospects and average MLers.

If Bedard is off the table, I like Cabrera + Ray, with CPat as a potential sweetener.

I think that may get it done.

Deals that would probably get it done:

DC, Penn, CPat, Britton

DC, Ray, CPat

DC, Erbe, CPat, Britton

DC, Reimold, CPat, Britton

Bedard, CPat

Bedard, Hoey

Penn, Erbe, Reimold, CPat

I wouldn't do any of those deals.

I guess you can factor in Gibbons and/or Benson into this, but I really don't see them adding much to the deal. Not much value there.

I find it funny that 3 guys who are top 100 prospects(arguably) are just average.

I assume you mean Reimold, Olson, and Liz as your 3 guys who are top 100 prospects. Good luck with that argument.

And FWIW, I said iffy, not average. Guys like that are nothing if not iffy.

I'll say it again. The Brewers got 4 guys that were instant regulars for Sexson. You're giving two mediocre regulars, and a handful of could-be's.

I assume you mean Reimold, Olson, and Liz as your 3 guys who are top 100 prospects. Good luck with that argument.

And FWIW, I said iffy, not average. Guys like that are nothing if not iffy.

I'll say it again. The Brewers got 4 guys that were instant regulars for Sexson. You're giving two mediocre regulars, and a handful of could-be's.

But Counsell and Spivey were not that good though. Just because they can start, doesn't mean anything.

If that is the case, then i guess my 5 for 1 trade works, as 3 of them can be inserted right now and Olson could be ready as well.

Archived