Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but if the O's don't get JJ they won't be getting Jackson not for 5/60M anyway, and that leaves Floyd, Saunders and Maholm. Floyd will cost Reimold plus IMO. So i think we end up with Sunders or Maholm, and for no more than 2 years. I'd rather have JJ for 2years than those two. And of courde I am not getting just JJ, I am getting another good SP prospect as well, plus a good 3B.

I don't disagree with what you said, but the question you posed was "who would you prefer not counting price." I didn't respond to the question precisely, but what I was getting at is why it's reasonable to "prefer" someone who isn't Jurrjens. I'm not 100% against trading Jones, I just don't want a lot of his trade value tied up in Jurrjens.

I don't disagree with what you said, but the question you posed was "who would you prefer not counting price." I didn't respond to the question precisely, but what I was getting at is why it's reasonable to "prefer" someone who isn't Jurrjens. I'm not 100% against trading Jones, I just don't want a lot of his trade value tied up in Jurrjens.
Point is if you make the Jones trade you have to get back at least one SP prospect as well as JJ or it's not happening. I would take JJ, Prado, and Delgado, over keeping Jones and signing Malholm.

For those that don't think much of JJ, my question is who would you prefer not counting price; JJ, Jackson, Floyd, Saunders or Maholm?It seems to me if healthy he should be at least as good as the other 4.

Jackson or Floyd. Without regard to price, talent cost.

Point is if you make the Jones trade you have to get back at least one SP prospect as well as JJ or it's not happening. I would take JJ, Prado, and Delgado, over keeping Jones and signing Malholm.

I'd rather the Braves keep Jurrjens and add a couple of high-upside prospects that are farther away from the majors.

I'd rather the Braves keep Jurrjens and add a couple of high-upside prospects that are farther away from the majors.
Sure who wouldn't, but the Braves aren't doing that. So you would prefer keeping Jones for two years and signing Maholm Saunders for two years?

Archived