Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

Lets say we get Saunders. Could we flip him to another team to get a top position prospect?

If I am a GM, I wouldn't give you a top prospect for him. I don't get why anyone would want him, despite one good season in AAA (when he was 25) he hasn't put up stats that are even average. He made 21 starts that season in AAA and followed it up the next season with 14 starts, producing below average results.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I am a GM, I wouldn't give you a top prospect for him. I don't get why anyone would want him, despite one good season in AAA (when he was 25) he hasn't put up stats that are even average. He made 21 starts that season in AAA and followed it up the next season with 14 starts, producing below average results.

I think the deal is basically Miggy for Wood, and Saunders comes along for the ride to eat some innings. He's not a key component. He's just a little extra that makes you feel better about dealing Miggy. He looks like a back of the rotation guy to me.

I think the deal is basically Miggy for Wood, and Saunders comes along for the ride to eat some innings. He's not a key component. He's just a little extra that makes you feel better about dealing Miggy. He looks like a back of the rotation guy to me.

Yes, and Im ok with that, but I would NEVER expect to get anything of value for him through "flipping" him somewhere else. We have a better chance of sending Payton, Gibbons, DCab, and Huff before Saunders. Well maybe not, but you get my point.

Yes, and Im ok with that, but I would NEVER expect to get anything of value for him through "flipping" him somewhere else. We have a better chance of sending Payton, Gibbons, DCab, and Huff before Saunders. Well maybe not, but you get my point.

He did have an ERA+ of 103. Obviously nothing special, but slightly above average. And he's young. I think there are plenty of teams that would be interested in that.

He also said the chance to sign Bedard is slim to none! IF we can't get a kings ransom for him he wil not be traded this off season!

I know I'm about 800 posts late to this thread, but that last part about Bedard has me concerned. All we need is for our FO to hold out for that king's ransom until Bedard's elbow starts hurting him during spring training. Everybody needs to remember that pitchers get hurt all the time, and Bedard gets hurt more often than most pitchers. Everytime Erik steps on the mound he's one little twinge away from being worth nothing on the trade market.

Bedard needs to be traded this offseason for as much as we can get. We'll never get as much as we want, but we will get better and that's what's important.

He did have an ERA+ of 103. Obviously nothing special, but slightly above average. And he's young. I think there are plenty of teams that would be interested in that.

Rodrigo Lopez had an ERA+ of 108 last year.

At age 26 and 28 he had 128 and 128 respectively.

You can find similar stats on Bruce Chen, actually far better and at a far younger age.

I don't get it, hes nothing special.

As a throw in yes, as a "getter of prospects" no.

You can find similar stats on Bruce Chen, actually far better and at a far younger age.

He doesn't give up a ton of HRs which is extremely important in a HR ballpark like OPACY...

Wasn't saying he was anything special. Just saying there are probably would be interested in a guy like that. But maybe you are right and he couldn't bring back a worthwhile prospect.

Although I'm sure Rodrigo had some trade value back in the day.

Wasn't saying he was anything special. Just saying there are probably would be interested in a guy like that. But maybe you are right and he couldn't bring back a worthwhile prospect.

Yeah, we should have had AM back then so we could have traded him when he was worth something :D

He doesn't give up a ton of HRs which is extremely important in a HR ballpark like OPACY...

And you allowed me to look and see that he is a ground ball pitcher, getting outs on 292 ground balls to 188 fly balls over the last 3 seasons. Thats pretty good, I always get angry when the Orioles bring in fly ball pitchers (was very angry over Helling becasue of this) because a fly ball usually is a home run against us :D.

I think someone (maybe SG?) talked about getting Beltran for RLo and Chen in 04 or 05. Lot of what ifs in baseball....

It seems like everybody's gotta different story on what kind of SS this Wood kid is and will be. Some people say he'll be a fine SS (and played some 3B only because he was blocked). Other people say he's a SS-imposter, and needs to end up at 3B sooner rather than later.

Here's my question: Does anybody around here really know? Has anybody here actually seen the guy play baseball? No point in quoting D-stats, simply because I don't trust them to tell you what you need to know. You can trust them if you want, I'm not trying to start a big fight about D-stats. I just wanna know if anybody has actually seen this guy play SS for any length of time.

If you have, what's he look like? During the part of the inning when he's wearing a glove, what's he good at, and what's he not so good at? Does anybody here really know?

It seems like everybody's gotta different story on what kind of SS this Wood kid is and will be. Some people say he'll be a fine SS (and played some 3B only because he was blocked). Other people say he's a SS-imposter, and needs to end up at 3B sooner rather than later.

Here's my question: Does anybody around here really know? Has anybody here actually seen the guy play baseball? No point in quoting D-stats, simply because I don't trust them to tell you what you need to know. You can trust them if you want, I'm not trying to start a big fight about D-stats. I just wanna know if anybody has actually seen this guy play SS for any length of time.

If you have, what's he look like? During the part of the inning when he's wearing a glove, what's he good at, and what's he not so good at? Does anybody here really know?

The people who say he isn't good defensively at SS are just wrong.

I was one of those people because I thought i heard that they moved him from SS to third base because of his defense.

That wasn't the case...They moved him to get him to the majors quicker since they had nothing at third and OCab at SS.

I think people still believe that he was moved to 3rd because of defense.

There has been enough scouting reports posted on here saying he is a very solid defensive SS.

I think someone (maybe SG?) talked about getting Beltran for RLo and Chen in 04 or 05. Lot of what ifs in baseball....

I think it was Rodrigo Lopez and Jorge Julio for Beltran. At the time those two players looked like they had a significant future with the O's

Also why does everyone knock of Rodrigo Lopez as if he didn't do anything for us? Yea he had a 1 terrible and 1 poor year, but he had some good ones. All in all a cheap average starter. If we aquire wood plus a starter who performs an average as well as Lopez did over 5 years I would be pretty happy

Archived