Duke vs Maryland

Brendan25

In the first half, when Coach Knight was talking about Stoglin doing a good job sharing, I had pictures running through my head of Turgeon coaching him up but telling him, "but in the second half, if you can get hot and take over, do it."

I just want to see if they can keep it competitive the whole way, but you never know.

I'd love to see Stoglin channel some Grievous against Duke. So far he's doing a decent job in the 2nd half.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless it's Plumlee. He could put Len in a headlock and they'd call a foul on Len.

Len definitely needs to get stronger. Maybe doing so will help him to improve his hands, which just aren't very good. (Admittedly, Williams spoiled me a bit in that regard.)

Yep, I can't stand Plumlee. I don't know where Duke goes to get these goofy white guys who know how to play basketball.

Len's just not ready for ACC play. Not at all. And yeah, Williams pretty much caught everything his way. Dangit why did he have to go out! UGH.

Yep, I can't stand Plumlee. I don't know where Duke goes to get these goofy white guys who know how to play basketball.

Len's just not ready for ACC play. Not at all. And yeah, Williams pretty much caught everything his way. Dangit why did he have to go out! UGH.

Basically any good goofy white guy goes to dook. There are some out there.

Very simple for tonight...MD has to be able to be a dribble, drive and kick out team.

They don't have the size/talent to match Duke inside but they have the quickness and athleticism on the perimeter to get into the lane vs Duke's poorish perimeter defense. By doing that, they will have oppurtunities to score in the lane and kick out to wide open 3 pt shooters.

MD must knock down shots and a lot of teams are shooting high percentages vs that Duke defense, so MD has a chance.

Game pretty much played out like this....MD just didn't knock down shots.

Mason dominated the game and was clearly the best player on the court last night. Md had no answer for him.

Had Duke made 3s last night, it would have been a blow out.

And if Stoglin had made 3s, MD might have won. Like I said, neither team shot very well last night, I think they cancelled each other out in that respect.

Stoglin ended up with 16, but I think only 1 or 2 of his FGs were on jumpers, he missed badly most of the night, and was 2-7 from the line. Just an off night for him.

Game pretty much played out like this....MD just didn't knock down shots.

Mason dominated the game and was clearly the best player on the court last night. Md had no answer for him.

Turgeon's strategy was obviously to protect the perimeter and keep them out of their 3 game. There was very little drop-down help all night. With a team shooting over 40% from long-range, the strategy made sense and kept Maryland in the game most of the way. He wanted to make the Plumlees beat him and they did, so props to them.

Not sure if he'll change his strategy for the game in Durham. I have a feeling that if he decides to drop inside, Duke will start buying 3's and burying his team. MD just doesn't have enough offensive talent to challenge Duke (or most other good teams) this year.

Archived