Brian Matusz will be our #1 starter by year's end

Flacco Machado

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly don't remember if I said that or that I just had no problem if he started at Norfolk. He's earned a spot in the rotation.

I think most people assumed he'd likely be going to Norfolk. My expectations weren't very high. That said, I'm not sure why anybody (let alone many people) would lock themselves into such a rigid position (I doubt many did).

I think most people assumed he'd likely be going to Norfolk. My expectations weren't very high. That said, I'm not sure why anybody (let alone many people) would lock themselves into such a rigid position (I doubt many did).

I still think he should have started in Norfolk.

I still think he should have started in Norfolk.

He clearly earned a slot in the rotation...Now he has to show it when it really counts. There's at very least a 50% chance he ends being a good starter. I just dont think he has the plus stuff to be anymore than a 3-4 type. That said it time to sheet or get off the pot for Matusz.

You think Cal Ripken should have spent his career at Norfolk :P

Actually Cal never had the worst season in all of baseball history. The blind love of Matusz and Reynolds on here is a mystery. Two of worst players I have ever seen last year. And both have been far from impressive this year so far.

This is who you'll be facing today, Brian.

BLUE JAYS

Yunel Escobar - SS

Kelly Johnson - 2B

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion- 1B

Brett Lawrie 3B

Ben Francisco - DH

Colby Rasmus - CF

Rajai Davis - LF

Jeff Mathis - C

This is who you'll be facing today, Brian.

BLUE JAYS

Yunel Escobar - SS

Kelly Johnson - 2B

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion- 1B

Brett Lawrie 3B

Ben Francisco - DH

Colby Rasmus - CF

Rajai Davis - LF

Jeff Mathis - C

I hope he isn't up in the zone like last start.. these guys will clobber you.

I suspect the Matuzs has today to at least pitch much better than last time out. My guess is that if he gets rocked like last time out, and more importantly struggles with his command again, he gets shipped out to Norfolk and replaced in the rotation by Wada.

Archived