vs. BLUE JAYS 4/15

OFFNY

Brittany Ghiroli ‏ @Britt_Ghiroli

Another run charged to Matusz as Gregg allows RBI single to Mathis. In case u were curious, KG was also booed in Toronto.

Proof that Canadians are defective. Who boo's Kevin Gregg when he is coming in to pitch against your team.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sure hope not.

His secondaries today were great. With a bit more FB command (even a bit) he's going to be pretty tough.

He's got the yips. It doesn't matter how good his secondaries are. Until he has the confidence to throw inside, and command the FB. he'll be what we see now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I like Mounty, and do think there’s a decent chance this will be his best season so far.  But I don’t take a lot of comfort from sewing together two partial seasons at points that began and ended with hot streaks, and ignoring his history of streakiness.  He will have to prove that he can minimize the length and severity of his cold streaks, and for me he can only prove it over the full 162 game season.  He’s already had a stretch of 29 games at .657 this year but has been hot enough before and after to make up for it.  Hopefully he’ll continue that trend, but we’ll see.  
    • I love Burnes but wouldn't want to pay what it takes. We still have Ortiz/Hall level prospects we can trade for the next Burnes. Remember we get a comp pick when he walks.
    • He's not going to be realistically in range for us.  It's going to take an overpay to keep him here, and we should have other options heading into the off season.  Hard pass for me. 
    • Roch just posted the starters for the Jays series: Rodriguez, Burnes, TBA, & TBA. 3rd game Wednesday would be normal rest for Povich, so I think there's a chance they'll be calling him up to start that game.
    • I think you are on to something here, over the last calendar year Mounty has put up a slash line of .302/.363/.485 in 438 PAs...that's a long of stretch of strong offensive performance.  I'm glad he's on our team and hope he can keep it going. 
    • Looks like he’s getting ready to go on one of his insane heaters. Couldn’t come at a better time, but enjoy it while it lasts. 
    • I’m open to the idea IF the Orioles & Jorge Lopez reached an agreement, then let him take Vieira’s spot  1) Lopez’s son hospitalization caused him lots of stress  2) change of scenery from Mets losing culture to Orioles winning one could help him  3) Lopez had two stints with Orioles in which he pitched well and had no issues with coaches, teammates & fans  what do you guys think ?
  • Popular Contributors