vs. BLUE JAYS 4/15

OFFNY

He's got the yips. It doesn't matter how good his secondaries are. Until he has the confidence to throw inside, and command the FB. he'll be what we see now.

He doesn't have the "yips". Did you even watch the game? He has poor FB command because he's flying open when he throws it. It's correctable.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's got the yips. It doesn't matter how good his secondaries are. Until he has the confidence to throw inside, and command the FB. he'll be what we see now.

He's not going to get that confidence in AAA, IMO. It's serviceable starts like today that is going to help him get back to form. It would be really stupid for the O's to even consider bringing Wada here for Matusz.

I never said he didn't suck. I would just rather he suck in a game the O's are already losing.

Since it's early in the season, I'd rather the O's keep him out of games entirely, knowing that he's awful, and cut him ASAP. Overworking relievers during the first week and a half isn't a huge concern. Losing games is always a huge concern.

Archived