Jones getting extension possibly???

mcneck

I am SOOOOOO ****in excited about this news. Best news to come out of Baltimore in a decade. They are getting pieces that they need to win, and more importantly, locking them up.

Don't let this stall DD. Get it done and make everyone in Baltimore that you are serious about winning.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know some people might not like the cost of the deal but the O's need to send a message. We keep our players and might help down the rode. A free agent might say O's are trying to build a contender. Also might help sign the future stars like Bundy,etc.

Any chance we extend Wieters, IYO?

I know some people might not like the cost of the deal but the O's need to send a message. We keep our players and might help down the rode. A free agent might say O's are trying to build a contender. Also might help sign the future stars like Bundy,etc.

COMPLETELY agree. Just get it done.

I wonder how certain people would feel if we were discussing a 26 year old Torri Hunter. I wonder if their opinion on the contract potentially being signed would change.

Well, a lot of people regard Hunter as overhyped. Interestingly though Hunter put up career years at age 33/34.

I wonder how certain people would feel if we were discussing a 26 year old Torri Hunter. I wonder if their opinion on the contract potentially being signed would change.

I wouldn't like it then either if it was for the money being discussed. Torii Hunter has been worth 15 million dollars 1 time in his career.

I agree with this as well. I feel like having Jones locked up makes the O's seem legitimate. They will seem like a team that isn't afraid to spend money, and they'll have a young superstar. Free agents like that.

So do players in the Orioles organization (Wieters, Bundy, Britton etc)

I agree with this as well. I feel like having Jones locked up makes the O's seem legitimate. They will seem like a team that isn't afraid to spend money, and they'll have a young superstar. Free agents like that.

Free agents like money, and Adam Jones extension doesn't mean we are going to start carrying a huge payroll.

Well, a lot of people regard Hunter as overhyped. Interestingly though Hunter put up career years at age 33/34.

although very similar to his age 26 season; and Adam Jones at Age 26 has virtually identical numbers to Hunter at 27 (based on basically the same number of PA's). My point being, there's alot of people that have no issue with Hunters 5/90 contract he got from LA at age 31, but give a cheaper (based on annual value) contract to Adam Jones at a younger age, and all hell breaks loose.

Free agents like money, and Adam Jones extension doesn't mean we are going to start carrying a huge payroll.

It means DD wants to win, which would presumably mean that we will be spending money.

I do think that the money will be going more towards our players then free agents, however.

Archived