Jones getting extension possibly???

mcneck

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken Weinman: "I'm hearing six years north of 80 million for adam jones. Huge move for dan duquette and #orioles to get this done!!"

6/84-88 is a great range for him. I'm sure the argument could be made that it's too much, but considering how valuable Jones has seemed to be in the clubhouse and in general, I'm glad we're locking him up.

Yeah. Either sign them or trade them. Don't play the last minute game, and don't let them just walk. The O's are choosing to go all in.

I don't even like the trading game. It's what the Athletics do and it's too hard to win.

When you can produce and grow top talent, you have to keep them. GREAT move doing that with Jonesy.

although very similar to his age 26 season; and Adam Jones at Age 26 has virtually identical numbers to Hunter at 27 (based on basically the same number of PA's). My point being, there's alot of people that have no issue with Hunters 5/90 contract he got from LA at age 31, but give a cheaper (based on annual value) contract to Adam Jones at a younger age, and all hell breaks loose.

Hunter had a track record of:

1) Superb defense in CF although obviously this was going to decline if it hadn't already but still better than Jones.

2) At that point in his career he had 4 seasons over an .800 OPS and had been a major part of multiple playoff teams.

3) The Angels have more money to spend

Ken Weinman: "I'm hearing six years north of 80 million for adam jones. Huge move for dan duquette and #orioles to get this done!!"

6/84-88 is a great range for him. I'm sure the argument could be made that it's too much, but considering how valuable Jones has seemed to be in the clubhouse and in general, I'm glad we're locking him up.

OK well I feel better about this then. I was completely expecting them to go give a 6/100 7/110 type deal.

Archived