BRob homered tonight!

Frobby

But Brian Roberts is destined to never play baseball again and obligated to retire to save the Orioles money. This can't possibly be happening!

Darn that brian roberts and his hot wife! He is probably out yucking it up with Lew Ford as we speak!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Brian Roberts is destined to never play baseball again and obligated to retire to save the Orioles money. This can't possibly be happening!

I am holding my fire until BRob is officially back on the roster.

Darn that brian roberts and his hot wife! He is probably out yucking it up with Lew Ford as we speak!

And they're probably all like, "let's do really awesome for Norfolk and then get called up and totally tank the O's season!" Grrr, Brian Roberts and Lew Ford makin' me mad!

Agreed and I'm just joshing. I find it funny how those posts have quietly dropped off. What a fantastic feel good story either way though. Seems like Brian really understands how important baseball is to him and is doing everything thing he can to bring value back to the O's. Glad to see it.

Back to the point though!...rabble rabble...Brian Roberts...rabble rabble... Lew Ford...rabble rabble.

Hopefully he slid feet first....but all sounds good thus far!

He slid into 2nd feet first. The only time I saw him go head first was when he dove back to first on the pitcher's throws over. I'm hoping to get to all the Rochester/Buffalo games this week. It's great seeing him here.

Hopefully he slid feet first....but all sounds good thus far!
Agreed and I'm just joshing. I find it funny how those posts have quietly dropped off. What a fantastic feel good story either way though. Seems like Brian really understands how important baseball is to him and is doing everything thing he can to bring value back to the O's. Glad to see it.

Back to the point though!...rabble rabble...Brian Roberts...rabble rabble... Lew Ford...rabble rabble.

He slid into 2nd feet first. The only time I saw him go head first was when he dove back to first on the pitcher's throws over. I'm hoping to get to all the Rochester/Buffalo games this week. It's great seeing him here.

0a812df4.gif

It's GREAT to see so many Oriole fans remaining in the Rochester area. There was tons of orange and black in the stands last night and a big crowd huddled near the Tides dugout before and after the game. Brian waved to the cheering crowd when he came out to warm up and he stayed to sign autographs after the game. So it's hardly Baltimore but awesome nonetheless.

By the way, BRob is hitting .308/.406/.615 during his 10 rehab games. Better than I would have expected, frankly.

SSS aside, nice to see the plate discipline numbers. 5BBs/5Ks so far perhaps indicate that Brian is seeing the ball effectively.

While BRob was never a HUGE BB guy, this is very nice to see for a guy coming back from concussion. Morneau had significantly worse BB rate in his various come back attempts.

I think his performance is amazing. I expected .250ish after 10 games, at best.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked to see him doing so well. I guess the Orioles knew what they were doing. Hopefully it will translate to the ML.

I hope there's a nice ovation for him at OPACY when the time comes.

I don't think there's any doubt about that happening. Of course, if we are talking about next Tuesday vs. Pittsburgh, it may not be an enormous crowd.

I couldn't care less about him stealing bases during his rehab assignment. I'm not expecting him to steal much once he's back. The last three years he was healthy, his stolen bases went from 50 to 40 to 30. If he plays regularly for the Orioles, I expect he will still steal the occasional base, but it's not going to be as big a part of his game as it used to be.

Sorry for the insanely SLOW reply to your post (workin for a livin and all). While I agree he would be stealing less and less given his age, I still think it's bizarre that for a rehab program that was so methodical in slowly adding non-baseball and baseball tasks over time, there wouldn't at some point be a need to evaluate his ability (and familiarity) with stealing bases. Perhaps that's part of the next steps in his remaining rehab assignment. I remember an interview not too long ago where Roberts himself said he wasn't sure how he would be sliding into bases going forward (not just stealing). Has anyone seen him sliding on his rehab assignment? I'm curious. Whether he's a version of his old self or similar to the real thing has yet to be determined by even Roberts. At some point sliding has got to be covered. His greatest tools in baseball involved his diving head first (stealing and defense). I'd find it pretty odd if the plan was to skip that one aspect of his rehab, since it's such an important part of what defined him as a player. And the most physically dangerous part of the baseball activities that could threaten a relapse of his injury. Just my 2 cents.

Archived