Is there any answer for Reynolds?

Gurgi

Yeah, Reynolds does soooo many things to kill the team, like scoring the eventual game winning run after drawing a walk that probably no other Oriole player would, hitting an RBI single earlier, and dropping a beautifully heads-up bunt that set up another run.

The Reynolds hate--as I've said a few times--is really absurd on this site. The guy is probably our 2nd best hitter and a decent 1B. Not a spectacular player, but never deserving of the kind of shortsighted flak he gets on here.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Reynolds is usually in the field because there is a perception that he won't hit as well if he's the DH. In very limited opportunities in the DH slot Reynolds hasn't done anything. Of course, that's a ridiculously small sample size and can't be taken to mean anything, but I wonder if it is something that Showalter feels may be an issue.

I wonder if Reynolds is usually in the field because there is a perception that he won't hit as well if he's the DH. In very limited opportunities in the DH slot Reynolds hasn't done anything. Of course, that's a ridiculously small sample size and can't be taken to mean anything, but I wonder if it is something that Showalter feels may be an issue.

Maybe, I thought his defense last year was better than Davis this year. I will say he doesn't seem to let his fielding issues carry over to the plate.

Yeah, Reynolds does soooo many things to kill the team, like scoring the eventual game winning run after drawing a walk that probably no other Oriole player would, hitting an RBI single earlier, and dropping a beautifully heads-up bunt that set up another run.

The Reynolds hate--as I've said a few times--is really absurd on this site. The guy is probably our 2nd best hitter and a decent 1B. Not a spectacular player, but never deserving of the kind of shortsighted flak he gets on here.

He is nowhere in the realm of being decent at 1B or 3B. That's the problem that 9 out of 10 detractors are harping on. Even though he didn't technically have any errors tonight, he gave away a run just as easily as he manufactured it, and that's what he does time and again when he is playing in the field. That's where the hate comes from.

By my count, Reynolds manufactured 3 runs, and maybe cost us 1 (there's a good argument to be made that even if he takes the out at first as he should have done, 2 runs still score in that inning--only one run seems attributable to him, at most).

Also, I beg to differ. I believe Reynolds is a decent fielding 1B. I think the results will bear that out over the course of the season if he continues getting time there.

By my count, Reynolds manufactured 3 runs, and maybe cost us 1 (there's a good argument to be made that even if he takes the out at first as he should have done, 2 runs still score in that inning--only one run seems attributable to him, at most).

Also, I beg to differ. I believe Reynolds is a decent fielding 1B. I think the results will bear that out over the course of the season if he continues getting time there.

By what metric? He certainly played a part in three runs, but you can't really credit him with any of them standing alone.

By what metric? He certainly played a part in three runs, but you can't really credit him with any of them standing alone.

You're right. Helped manufacture 3 runs would be a better phrasing, or played a part in 3 runs. Anyways, I think it's fair to say this: he played a part in gaining 3 runs and played a part in giving up 0-2 runs. He was a positive on the night.

Archived