Is there any answer for Reynolds?

Gurgi

Might want to recheck the boxscore if your talking about Reynolds. I would try him out in LF but definitely not 1B anymore. 3B should be Tolleson for good.

I checked and see one of the errors was given to Tolleson trying to catch a Renolds throw on a bunt. My error.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Reynolds as a hitter but having Paulino at DH and him at 1B is inexcusable... I realize Buck is in a bind with Betemit sick, but there's a failure of roster management in general with the corner infield positions. I mean, none of them can field. Reynolds is bad everywhere so he seems to automatically be the DH, which means I guess Chris Davis is the 1B so Betemit/Tolleson share time at 3B. But Reynolds cannot, should not, ever, touch a glove.

I checked and see one of the errors was given to Tolleson trying to catch a Renolds throw on a bunt. My error.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Reynolds now has zero errors in this game. Official scorer with ANOTHER change. Gives Nava an infield hit. So 1 run off Hammel is earned

I do think he is bad, I am just not convinced he is worse then the other two.

And the second was ruled a hit. He has no errors. He does have an RBI single, a gorgeous bunt, and a walk.

I love Reynolds as a hitter but having Paulino at DH and him at 1B is inexcusable... I realize Buck is in a bind with Betemit sick, but there's a failure of roster management in general with the corner infield positions. I mean, none of them can field. Reynolds is bad everywhere so he seems to automatically be the DH, which means I guess Chris Davis is the 1B so Betemit/Tolleson share time at 3B. But Reynolds cannot, should not, ever, touch a glove.

I don't care if Betemit was 100% healthy, he should never touch a bat (or a glove) when a lefty is on the mound.

Well OK fine but Ronny Paulino is still the DH which is kinda bad.

Agreed that is not good but in a week Brian Roberts is going to be the starting second basemen. Andino is going to probably be your starting 3rd basemen. To me while Markakis and/or Reimold are on the DL I would not be against trying Reynolds in LF. He should be able to at least catch fly balls. You are not going to cut a player who hit 37 HR's last year. That or DH.

Well...Paulino does have an .860 career OPS against lefties.

I'm actually glad that Betemit is sick since it gives Showalter a good reason to bench him against lefties.

That's a nice split but I feel like we should have a DH who can OPS .860, period. Gives us more flexibility when there's pitching changes, and I don't want a DH platoon because I feel like that's an inefficient use of roster space. We have a limited bench despite all the AAAA depth signings we've made.

Agreed that is not good but in a week Brian Roberts is going to be the starting second basemen. Andino is going to probably be your starting 3rd basemen. To me while Markakis and/or Reimold are on the DL I would not be against trying Reynolds in LF. He should be able to at least catch fly balls. You are not going to cut a player who hit 37 HR's last year. That or DH.

If Manny could play left in Fenway, I am sure Mark would.

Archived