vs. PIRATES 6/12

OFFNY

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yikes. It may be time to cut the strings with Gregg. If the guy can't give us low-leverage innings, and he can't be stretched out in games that are more or less lost causes, what can he do? The fact is Michael Gonzalez is at AAA right now despite being much more deserving of Gregg's roster spot. It might just be time to eat that salary...

We still owe him about $3.7 Million this season, which for some reason, the Orioles are treating like it's about $30.7 Million. Don't hold your breath on Gregg getting the DFA that he has deserved for quite sometime now.

Did anyone else see Andino hug Roberts after the high five? That's nice considering Andino is the one who stands to lose the most from Roberts' return.

Gotta like Andino. Team first guy and a Red Sox killer. Now if he can hit a game winning RBI to either get us in the playoffs or eliminate the Yankees..............

Win column. Was there ever any doubt? As soon as JJ came in I knew it was lights out, McCutchen or no.

Oh well, we didn't use Strop tonight, so he can either close or set up tomorrow. It's nice to have Strop, O'Day and maybe even Arrieta out there for tomorrow. We might not need JJ to close two nights in a row.

I'm still VERY anxious to see Arrieta when he knows that he's free to empty the gas tank on about 10 to 30 pitches. Let him throw as hard as he can muster and focus on making the perfect pitch every time. It seems like that's what he's good at. He doesn't have to worry about "well what am I going to have when my pitch count is up to 70". He'll be outta there long before then.

We still owe him about $3.7 Million this season, which for some reason, the Orioles are treating like it's about $30.7 Million. Don't hold your breath on Gregg getting the DFA that he has deserved for quite sometime now.

He's done decent mop-up work this year to save the other relievers from being overworked, but you don't need to pay someone $4mil for that.

Archived